Could this be why my car hurt a piston

I run the Areomotive pre filter and after filter so WTF:confused: I also use the braided stainless fuel line thats made for fuel but i guess maybe i didnt get the fuel lines cleaned out good enough.
Those lines have been on the car for years and i went to the 96# injectors last year:( I wish i would have flowed the injector before i tapped this crap out of it to see how bad it was clogged:rolleyes:
At least now i have a reason for the lean condition in one hole:)

My next diagnostic aid is going to be a small handheld O-scope so that I can monitor the WBs output and see the individual *puffs* of gases as they go by the sensor to see what's really going on.

I had #5 do about the same thing, and it torched a piston.

Hey Gene, are your braided lines rubber or nylon?
I couldnt tell if the pieces in the pics were metal or rubber.
I,ve seen rubber braided line break down with some fuels.

Thats what i was thinking but its made for fuel
Some of its metal and some of it might be rubber but i also see some epoxy from my old pump. The old pump had epozy holding the maginets in and was breaking down from the new additives in the fuels.The guy at Areomotive said they do tests all the time trying to keep up with the new fuel additives.The new pump has the maginets clipped in with stainless steel staps.Id mount the fuel filter just before the fuel rails but i dont want it under the hood...:eek:

I've had trouble with the rubber braided line made for fuel. Waddy at NOS does alot of fuel systems for Pro Mod cars and he told me that even the rubber braided for fuel breaks down over time, due to all of the additives in the fuels. His recomendation was to use only the nylon stuff to be safe. It does cost more.

Gene
How do you cut your hose....abbrasive saws are quick & clean but damn they make a mess inside the hose.
Dale

PS....It runs :D

I did cut it with a cutoff wheel;) but i stuff a piece of paper towel up the hose before i cut it:D Then fish it out after cleaning the end with starting fluid..Ive thought about using a dowel.. Ive heard about guys using a plastic ball and blowing it out with air presure when there done.This is the second set of injectors and the other set was in for years with no problem. You would think the first set would have had the problem.
P.S.
Give me a call and tell me how that lightning thunders:)

Both you guys are right :)
I should have gone with nylon or teflon line and not cut the line with a cutoff wheel:rolleyes: I did try to keep it from getting contaminated;)