cottons worst costumer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonys87

im new to buicks,ive owed one for only a little over a year. i have been buying parts for my stock block gn..when i was ready to buy a cam kit i called all vendors know to carry morel lifters. i ended up buying the kit from jack cause he quoted me 900+shipping for the whole kit..after mechanic tells me that i got the wrong size push rods 8.250. that i need 8.050 cause the morel lifters are taller. i call jack and he says that he is new to morel lifters and that it was a mistake. cool everyone makes mistakes but then he wants me to pay for shipping for his mistake and then tells me that i owe him more money for the kit cause the qoute i was giving didnt include all of the push rods..so know he claims i owe him an extra 80 dollars for the kit...how can you tell someone a price and then change it. his site has the price of the kit and no where does it say that push rods are not included in a cam kit..i feel like im getting screwed. not to mention that the whole time im on the phone with jack he's calling me a thief and a motherfker and that me and my mechanic are liars that we are not putting the kit on a stock block,that the heads and block have been machined.cause if it wasnt those push rods would have worked.which i wish it was but the truth is i bought my heads straight from champion and i have an 80k mile stock block..im so pissed that he had the nerve to talk to someone like that over the phone.he also said he wanted hes cam kit back and that he would refund me the money which i would agree to but its all been installed.. so know he wants over a 1050 dollars for his kit. i feel i owe him nothing i did my duty as a consumer and priced around and got a qoute directly from him..please tell me if im in the wrong.

How did your mechanic figured out the length of the push rods needed?Did he use tool that needed to measure it?

He tryed installing them and said they would not work..morel lifters are .175 taller then comp. and i called a couple of vendors to confirm the size for my setup. but what get me is that he wants to charge me more for his kit after a month and a half

He's probably making a whopping $50 on the whole kit. Anyone that thinks you get rich selling high performance parts is wrong. Summit and Jegs have ruined the aftermarket industry. A lot of times they sell stuff cheaper than I can buy it from a wholesaler. I wouldnt take a loss on the kit either. By the time you pay your credit card fees, youre lucky to break even on this stuff. Pull it out and send it back. He offered you a refund, take it.

Jay i respect your opinon but i cant afford to have my mechanic do the job first..and like every mod i have done to my car,i shop around and try to find the best price. hes price of 940 shipped was fine with me so i bought the kit from him..now i owe him more money. how does that work? have you ever given a price on a product and after a month and it being installed you tell your costumer that he owes you more money..i bet you havent. also who swears at their costumers on the phone..no one i have ever talked to in my life..as far as a buisness goes. also i never disrespected him the whole time. i have more class and manners

im new to buicks,ive owed one for only a little over a year. i have been buying parts for my stock block gn..when i was ready to buy a cam kit i called all vendors know to carry morel lifters. i ended up buying the kit from jack cause he quoted me 900+shipping for the whole kit..after mechanic tells me that i got the wrong size push rods 8.250. that i need 8.050 cause the morel lifters are taller. i call jack and he says that he is new to morel lifters and that it was a mistake. cool everyone makes mistakes but then he wants me to pay for shipping for his mistake and then tells me that i owe him more money for the kit cause the qoute i was giving didnt include all of the push rods..so know he claims i owe him an extra 80 dollars for the kit...how can you tell someone a price and then change it. his site has the price of the kit and no where does it say that push rods are not included in a cam kit..i feel like im getting screwed. not to mention that the whole time im on the phone with jack he's calling me a thief and a motherfker and that me and my mechanic are liars that we are not putting the kit on a stock block,that the heads and block have been machined.cause if it wasnt those push rods would have worked.which i wish it was but the truth is i bought my heads straight from champion and i have an 80k mile stock block..im so pissed that he had the nerve to talk to someone like that over the phone.he also said he wanted hes cam kit back and that he would refund me the money which i would agree to but its all been installed.. so know he wants over a 1050 dollars for his kit. i feel i owe him nothing i did my duty as a consumer and priced around and got a qoute directly from him..please tell me if im in the wrong.

Buick Grand National, PERFORMANCE ENGINE PARTS | Cotton's Performance Buick Grand National Parts & Service

WHERE DOES IT SAY PUSHRODS WERE INCLUDED???

his site has the price of the kit and no where does it say that push rods are not included in a cam kit..i feel like im getting screwed.

I just checked his site, where does it say that they are included? :confused: There are many different combinations that people use, heads, intake, rockers etc... The best way to do it is to buy the kit and use a push rod length checker.
The only reason why I know this is because bought a roller cam kit from Jegs a few years ago. I have Champion aluminum heads. I put the whole thing together and the push rod length was wrong. At the time I didn't realize that the Champion heads and the stock heads were different heights. I went around and around with Jegs. They were no help. They may be the cheapest around for parts, but you get what you pay for....

If the parts cost more, they cost more. What youre saying is he should take a loss on the parts just to satisfy you. So he'll lose what little profit he made on the kit plus credit card fees and you want him to eat the return shipping to.

Ive had to go back and tell customers things cost more on several occasions and in all of them, it was way more than $150.00. But then again, we do a different kind of work than just selling parts so its not apples to apples.

Far as the conversation, I wasnt there so I cant say. There are always two sides to every story.

Like i said i spoke to jack himself not a worker. and we spoke about everything that was included thats how i compared all the kits i looked..it wasnt like i ordered it online and i got free parts. he knows this

Also i paid for the kit a month in advance before i ever receved it
he could have said something before he had plenty of time. but no he waits till the kit is delived and installed.

Tony that's a very unfortunate set of circumstances. Not sure what to say...

Judging from what I've seen on this site many times over the past years regarding Jack Cotton as well as the times I've met and dealt with him myself I would have to say that what has happened here is extraordinarily uncommon.

Please give Jack the benefit of the doubt and try to work it out with him. He is one of our favorites.

and thats what i have been trying to do..but when the guy starts talking to you like your a piece of ****.thats not cool for any buisness owner. i knew all his buddys were going to come out and stick up for him. but i was so pissed that a had to leave some feed back..so i guess i should give him an extra 80 for the push rods another 20 shipping and another 20 to ship his original push rods back..and now im in over 1,060 for a kit i could have gotton somewhere else for 800 plus shipping.some how i dont like that idea. when i bought my turbo i got a great deal. way less then what was on his site. does that mean he should call me back ask me for more money when we made a deal over the phone?

What lead him to speak to you that way? I have had ZERO dealings with him, so I am NOT on his side...I am just curious to what lead up to him talking to a customer that way. If it truley was for nothing, then I would say he owes you something.

I dont like to get involed in stuff but. the kit is 849.00 to me looks like he only charged you 51.00 for the pushrods, and you paid shipping too... for you its just better to buy more pushrods the right size and sell the others. just my 2 cents. but i would just work something out with jack, because u will need more parts one day, because they are not many vender like jack around for the buicks.

i was at work on my cell phone. never did i disrespect him in anyway. or raise my voice.im sure jerry was there and could shim in. or even better jack. i would like to hear his explaination on how it all went down.

I'm not surprised at all that Jack would talk to you that way. My experiences with Jack is he tries to make it right the best he can. He can get a little upset at times, maybe a little to vocal, but that's Jack. It sounds like you got a pretty good deal, but this kind of stuff happens. Sorry you have to buy new pushrods, but I've spent way more on things that didn't work out so I hate to say it, but that's part of the game.

Let us know how it works out.

Wel this is the last thing i say on this, i put gn1's on my car and people say you need this length pushrods. well wrong!!!!!!!! i ordered the wrong ones.. this is my fault( i should do more of a search on this).... i should of check with a length checker first (i build mine motor myself)...... if your engine builder was doing his job right he would of checked it too..... and you would of got the right pushrods to start with,,, so go firgure... you should of done your homework instesd of finding the cheapest price.

Wel this is the last thing i say on this, i put gn1's on my car and people say you need this length pushrods. well wrong!!!!!!!! i ordered the wrong ones.. this is my fault( i should do more of a search on this).... i should of check with a length checker first (i build mine motor myself)...... if your engine builder was doing his job right he would of checked it too..... and you would of got the right pushrods to start with,,, so go firgure... you should of done your homework instesd of finding the cheapest price.

also this is why they dont offer the pushrods in the kits, because they are all diff. like head and gaskets and so forth

Status
Not open for further replies.