cottons worst costumer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
windmill, if you read the first post you'll see that im not upset about having the wrong push rods..its about him saying i owe him more money. then what we agreed on

Otto's 2 cents
not really sure what happened here on the price and all,but guys the kit on his site is listed at 849.IF all he got was the kit and it didnt include pushrods(thinking maybe jack cut him a deal) why was it 930 bucks? Im pretty positive jack wouldnt charge 81 dollars for shipping.
almost sounds like 930 is the price with pushrods and he got free shipping:confused:

If thats the case he shouldnt have to pay twice for them,the wrong ones obviously was an honest mistake by Jack as he didnt know the difference with the lifters,to me that means the customer shouldnt eat the return shipping if the vendor was at fault.

also this is why they dont offer the pushrods in the kits, because they are all diff. like head and gaskets and so forth
knowing thats the case pushrods shouldnt have been included in the kit when delivered.

Jose,

Sorry you felt the need to vent here, but it's ok. This is the forum to do it. Since you have chosen to post here, I will have to defend myself here as well. I am calmed down right now, not the case yesterday after going round and round with you for about 20 minutes and multiple phone calls. I did raise my voice, not yelling, and not calling you names, swearing a bit.... yep.. I was pretty pissed as I tend to be when I feel as though someone is trying to take advantage of me. To be more exact, I had no problem shipping Jose another set of pushrods at my cost, UPS ground. Jose insisted on red label and wanted me to eat the shipping. I told him, I thought that was unreasonable under the circumstances, but he was insistant. Gerry also told me we only charged Jose $8.25 for one pushrod, mistakenly, not catching it until yesterday after pulling the original invoice. At that point when I told Jose, he said thats not his fault if we did not charge him correctly, I would have to eat it..... wrong, guess I kinda got pissed after that. That is the point I began to lose my cool and came to the realization Jose was just an opportunist .. giving the opportunity to beat me out of $80.00 dollars and he had no problem with that... At the end of our conversation, Jose agreed to call me back with a CC# to pay $80.00 and that would include me shipping him new pushrods next day air. I agreed out of frustration and would also do a call tag for the other pushrods. Your math here is compelling to say the least. You failed to note, $849.00 for the kit, $49.00 for a rocker shaft brace kit, $8.25 for one pushrod, and $34.00 for shipping. Now do the math..... you paid $8.25 for one pushrod. If they were included, why did I charge you for one.... ? If I was giving you a set free, it would have been noted on the invoice, if pushrods were part of the kit, I would not have billed you for one!!!

Now, back to the "quote", yes I quoted you, $849 for the kit and $99 for the pushrods, period, that was it. What you got is a receipt with your order that mistakenly charged you for one pushrod and you are running with that. I say the same thing today as yesterday, that is BS, you are taking advantage of me and are unwilling to be reasonable. I am sorry if you misunderstood... but once I informed you of my mistake, you refused to be reasonable. I did not quote you 849 for the kit including pushrods.. absolutely not. I also did not send you those pushrods without informing you from the beginning that they would need to be checked for proper fit by the installer and I would replace if you needed another length. I didnot say I would red label you pushrods should a different set be needed, only that I would accomodate a change. I tell everyone the same thing when they call for a cam, no reason to tell you anything different. Now, had you spoke with Gerry and ordered a cam, he may not have given you all the info, you did not, you spoke with me..

Now to sum this up, Jose, you should have your new pushrods today, if not already. I had Tom from Champion, special order and ship them yesterday, as you well knew before this thread started. You also know, I paid for them and paid for next day air shipping, yet you fail to mention that here as well. Both Tom and myself went out of our way to accommodate you in spite of the way this has played out, the last thing you said to me is you would call with a CC# to pay me $80.00 for the 1st set of push rods. What happened, no call last nite or today.... hmmmmmm, so now you will have $200.00 worth of pushrods and $40 more in shipping cost I paid for.... so ...... again, how badly did I treat you.... How many vendors would send you another set of pushrods out without payment.... I did this based on your word... hmmmm, who is the honest guy here.. ? yes, let those that read this be the judge... who is getting ripped off... or who is trying to rip who off?

and thats what i have been trying to do..but when the guy starts talking to you like your a piece of ****.thats not cool for any buisness owner. i knew all his buddys were going to come out and stick up for him. but i was so pissed that a had to leave some feed back..so i guess i should give him an extra 80 for the push rods another 20 shipping and another 20 to ship his original push rods back..and now im in over 1,060 for a kit i could have gotton somewhere else for 800 plus shipping.some how i dont like that idea. when i bought my turbo i got a great deal. way less then what was on his site. does that mean he should call me back ask me for more money when we made a deal over the phone?

I see your point Jose, I think we, "venders" should have a forum to leave feed back on some customers.... :wink: I didn't speak to you in any other way than respectful, after 10 plus minutes of pleading and explaining the whole situation to you, realizing you were not going to budge, knowing that you were trying to take advantage of me.... yes.... I did get angry and yes I did raise my voice and yes, I did swear .. :eek: oh well.... guess you know how I react to being abused... but don't lie here and try to say I was like that from the beginning of our conversation... that is not true.. Or lie about the cost of shipping or the cost of my cam kit. I put together a custom cam kit with quality components.... and make very little doing it. I put and price my kit on quality, not profit margin.. the deal we made on the phone was for 849 for the cam kit and 99 for pushrods... period.. that was it... do the math.. I have sold hundreds of these kits, all at the same price and all with the same concerns, pushrod length needs to be checked, no matter what the combo is.

Sounds like an honest mistake,you should pay Jack for the right pushrods and the next day air is on you in my opinion.He is willing to ship them,You want them fast.pay the difference in shipping and the difference for the other 11 pushrods that werent billed on your invoice.

Hmmm....again, no experience with Cotton, but his telling of what happens pretty much fills in all the holes about how the swearing and everything came into play. Since that was the only part that I thought was out of line...and since it seems to have a resonable explaniation...you need to call and pay for those pushrods.

Cotton, I would say next time tell them you will call back and hang up before you start in on the language. Otherwise looks like you were trying to do right. I'm gonna go poke around your site for the first time now.

i did ask jack to over nite the push rods and i also told jack we should go halfs..spoke to tom yesterday and i was told the shipping cost was 30 dollars and that 15 out of your pocket and mine and i will ship yours right back also. thats fair. also when i orderd the cam kit we went over everthing i was going to need. i also told you i had 2 diffrent qoutes and i went over everthing i was going to get with the other vendors and thats how you came to your qoute you gave me. which again you said 900 plus shipping. what other vendor sells a cam kit with no push rods? i will pay for the whole amount on the shipping for the right push rods even tho we said halfs. and i will ship your push rods out tomorrow. i will send a cashiers check with the push rods for 30 dollars and have it signature required.

Jay i respect your opinon but i cant afford to have my mechanic do the job first..and like every mod i have done to my car,i shop around and try to find the best price. hes price of 940 shipped was fine with me so i bought the kit from him..now i owe him more money. how does that work? have you ever given a price on a product and after a month and it being installed you tell your costumer that he owes you more money..i bet you havent. also who swears at their costumers on the phone..no one i have ever talked to in my life..as far as a buisness goes. also i never disrespected him the whole time. i have more class and manners

m Ok.... I'm still racking my brain to see if I may have screwed this thing up .... after reading this all again.. I have a thought... you have said I sold you the kit for 900 plus shipping... ok, if thats the case then you are short $50.00... so now what... I charged you 849 plus shipping.. :eek:

As for how I spoke with you... again... you claim you never disrespected me.... what do you call it when you refuse to pay your bill.... thats ok, as long as you don't raise your voice.. very classy to screw one out of money...

The way I see it, all of this and yesterday could have been avoided, we just needed to be reasonable with each other. I tried to be, you didn't. I will go with I gave you a 900 plus shipping deal, unlikely, but possible since no other scenario is possible. That meansyou owe me 50.00 since I only charged you 849 for the cam kit, we can't include the cost of the rocker shaft braces, unless you think that was part of a cam kit too... :) .... ground shipping is probably 12-15.00, shipping charges were 34.07... give me 20.00, I pay for ground... that means 70.00 and I am ok with that.. end of this story and you get to deal with someone other than me... :)

Oh ya... as for the pushrods that need to come back here, I'll send a call tag and eat the cost of that too... then I can move on and you take nothing out of your pocket. You win all the way around... I need to know where to send the call tag.

Im pissed off at Jack to,the last time i spoke to jack and order some parts from him I lost big time:mad:Those damm Redsox killed my beloved Whitesox.Thanks Jack for busting my ball;)

tonys87,when i odered my cam kit it didn't come with the push rods,Dan from DLS told me he won't sell push rods with the kit with out knowning the proper length needed

Im pissed off at Jack to,the last time i spoke to jack and order some parts from him I lost big time:mad:Those damm Redsox killed my beloved Whitesox.Thanks Jack for busting my ball;)

tonys87,when i odered my cam kit it didn't come with the push rods,Dan from DLS told me he won't sell push rods with the kit with out knowning the proper length needed

also the push rods were extra,not included in the price of the cam kit

listen jack, if i thought i was screwing you i wouldnt have started this tread.knowing all you buddys were going to come out the wood work. from the begining i said i would pay for half the shipping.which tom knows this i talked to him about what was going on.so dont make it seem like your the victim.if you would have told me your kit was going to be over 1000 dollars i would just bought somewhere else. you also charged my credit card for the amount we agreed on that same day.the kit stayed at your shop close to a month before it was shipped out.then you charged the card again for 40 dollars. you had plenty of time to say something but you didnt. you waited till i called you back about the wrong size push rods.i work hard for my money so i just dont hand it out. and i saved enough to pay for the kit and the labor to have it installed. and here the math 849 kit,braces50 shipping 40 that adds up to 940 what i got charged. and thats what we talked about that day. i dont know why you dont remember any of it. but im the bad guy also if you would have measured the morel lifters you would of seen the diffrence in size compared to what you usually use which is comp.. so i will call you now and get this over with.. bottom line your two mistakes costed me and you more money

diaz, dls was one of the venders i was going to buy from but he didnt take credit card only paypal. and in the qoute he gave me it did include the push rods only diffrence was that he was going to ship out the kit with a tool to get the correct size. then he would ship out the push rods

dls was one of the venders i was going to buy from but he didnt take credit card only paypal. Sh!t i find it hard to believe:confused:but if you say so
Here is the kit with some up grades that i ended up purchasing from him,no where does it show that i paid for the push rods

Attachments

• DSC00747.jpg
    DSC00747.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 402
$80

I'll give you $80. He's working on my car now and I'd like it done. :rolleyes: Quit taking up his time on dumb sh*t.

Seriously, it sucks to see this post. Buicks cost $, looking at your combo you know this. This will pass. People get frustrated on both sides. You wanted a part and he sold you one. Things got messed up - so what. I seriously doubt that Jack was over billing you. He just wanted what he had it in. I understand that we all work hard for our money. But think about this for a second....where is Summit, Jegs etc.... when our Buicks need special attention. A couple extra bucks in the community pays itself back. He doesn't have the same buying power.

Chill and get your car on the road and enjoy it. There are vendors you DON'T want to deal with - TRUST ME. Jack is not one of them.

Kelli Cox.

Status
Not open for further replies.