cottons worst costumer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
well diaz here i go lying some more..you should call me on my bs and ask dan himself

that wasn't what i was trying to do,im just letting you know what my kit came with,and as far as only paying in cash that suck:mad: not every one has that kind of money laying around

rmar we need a prayer again some what like this one you wrote but different

Now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray my headgaskets do not leak.
And if they don't leak before I wake, I pray the pistons do not bake.
And if they don't melt when I press the gass.
Then I can tell the world to kiss my a**.

im new to buicks,ive owed one for only a little over a year. i have been buying parts for my stock block gn..when i was ready to buy a cam kit i called all vendors know to carry morel lifters. i ended up buying the kit from jack cause he quoted me 900+shipping for the whole kit..after mechanic tells me that i got the wrong size push rods 8.250. that i need 8.050 cause the morel lifters are taller. i call jack and he says that he is new to morel lifters and that it was a mistake. cool everyone makes mistakes but then he wants me to pay for shipping for his mistake and then tells me that i owe him more money for the kit cause the qoute i was giving didnt include all of the push rods..so know he claims i owe him an extra 80 dollars for the kit...how can you tell someone a price and then change it. his site has the price of the kit and no where does it say that push rods are not included in a cam kit..i feel like im getting screwed. not to mention that the whole time im on the phone with jack he's calling me a thief and a motherfker and that me and my mechanic are liars that we are not putting the kit on a stock block,that the heads and block have been machined.cause if it wasnt those push rods would have worked.which i wish it was but the truth is i bought my heads straight from champion and i have an 80k mile stock block..im so pissed that he had the nerve to talk to someone like that over the phone.he also said he wanted hes cam kit back and that he would refund me the money which i would agree to but its all been installed.. so know he wants over a 1050 dollars for his kit. i feel i owe him nothing i did my duty as a consumer and priced around and got a qoute directly from him..please tell me if im in the wrong.

I am not going to read the whole thread but i will make a comment or two. First off it wouldnt make sense to me for a vendor to include a set of pushrods since there is no way he could be sure he is sending the correct length. Ive gone through this before on different peoples cars. You must verify pushrod length. If the pushrods are included then it would still be the buyers responsibility to send them back if they were the wrong length. Heads milled, different head gaskets, lifter variations, and other uncontrollable variations will make a given set of pushrods not work. This is why it has to be verified. Your mechanic said .175 taller so you need 8.075. Not 8.050. If you have a non adjustable valvetrain then you need to order a set of 8.075 pushrods.

Ok. After reading Jack's reply i can see where he is coming from. Tony if he truly only charged you for one pushrod then he does have the right to charge you the remaining amount on 11 more. I would not have sent the remaining pushrods out at my cost or sent them anything but ground. If you actually understood what is required to install a different cam then you would have known the pushrod length could be a problem. Its happened to me before. Ive f'd up myself after using the length checker and had to wait 2 more days for pushrods. Thats the price you pay for modifying anything.

:mad:
Sounds like an honest mistake,you should pay Jack for the right pushrods and the next day air is on you in my opinion.He is willing to ship them,You want them fast.pay the difference in shipping and the difference for the other 11 pushrods that werent billed on your invoice.

Couldnt agree more.

There is always 2 sides of the story and it sucks to see the guy here bashing Jack and then wanting free **** to boot.:mad:

I can say that Jack, and i had harsh word's a time, or two. When first conversing i may have been offended, but i figured out that how he talks when pissed! So, after waiting 3months for a turbo i may have pissed anyone off, but anyway we worked it out. With both of us feeling screwed, but i still get parts, and info from him from time to time. Moneys tight, and everyone's on edge. I dont think anyone that had bad things to say about Jack would because he may Black Ball them:biggrin:, we all can be asses at time's. But we got to stick together! Oh yeah Jack that dam turbo went out 30 days after i installed it! Be cool, it to hot to be pissed.

diaz, dls was one of the venders i was going to buy from but he didnt take credit card only paypal. and in the qoute he gave me it did include the push rods only diffrence was that he was going to ship out the kit with a tool to get the correct size. then he would ship out the push rods
Sounds like a bunch of blah blah blah to me!!! I've bought from Cotton, Full Throttle, Hartline, and Aggressive before and never been screwed by the first 3!!!! Jack may be a little gruff, but is a good guy!!! Owning a business myself, I know these guys take a ass whoppin' with the credit cards and such. Try calling summit or jegs w/ a turbo buick question and see what you get!!! I get your point, but move on man!!! Support the TB Community by buying from these vendor's, It costs what it costs, not to be rude but if this small amout of coin is an issue than sell the buick and buy a mustang w/ a small block chevy w/ sissy juice----cheap and easy, not fast w/ class!!!! Dave, CW Automotive servicing turbo buicks in michigan!!!

Shouldn't this be real simple to resolve? Look at you invoice, every vendor I get parts from provides one. Then do math.
Kit: $849
Brace:$50
Shipping $40
Pushrods: free?
Total: $940

Jack says he charged you wrong for pushrods only 1 for $8.25
Now he has fronted you 2 whole sets. I wish a vendor would send me free parts. Lets face it, if you check the kit pushrods weren't included. Now you have 2 sets.

Compare your invoice to Jacks and see who is right no need to bad mouth anyone. If you didn't want to pay him you should have figured out your size and gotten them else where. I mean why complain when you obviously had a virtually free set already?

Or I could be wrong if you can show that a set of pushrods were obviously included in your deal, I mean the invoice never lies..

Shouldn't this be real simple to resolve? Look at you invoice, every vendor I get parts from provides one. Then do math.
Kit: $849
Brace:$50
Shipping $40
Pushrods: free?
Total: $940

Jack says he charged you wrong for pushrods only 1 for $8.25
Now he has fronted you 2 whole sets. I wish a vendor would send me free parts. Lets face it, if you check the kit pushrods weren't included. Now you have 2 sets.

Compare your invoice to Jacks and see who is right no need to bad mouth anyone. If you didn't want to pay him you should have figured out your size and gotten them else where. I mean why complain when you obviously had a virtually free set already?

Or I could be wrong if you can show that a set of pushrods were obviously included in your deal, I mean the invoice never lies..

I personaly think he misunderstood Jack about the push rods being part of the kit.I know when i purchase my kit DLS he made it very clear about what was included in his kit,as you see in the picture above that i poosted,
No where does it show or talks about push rods except the tool that i would need in order for me to get the proper legnth that is needed for my setup.

me and jack talked this morning and got it all straighten out. we both just needed to cool off. both apologized to each other and thats the end of it. actually enjoyed our conversation

Good, Jack is a great vendor and a good man...

Time to put this one to rest...

Status
Not open for further replies.