Correct Hot Air Head Gaskets

jhef83

These came in my set for 85 GN. Not too sure there the right ones. If not anybody got a part number for the right ones?

Attachments

• Hot Air Head Gaskets 001.jpg
    Hot Air Head Gaskets 001.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Hot Air Head Gaskets 002.jpg
    Hot Air Head Gaskets 002.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 57
OEM GM head gaskets for the hot air were steel shim. I have seen that style of HG on a lot of the NA motors I part out. I wouldn't use them on a turbo motor. Try to find some steel shims if you dont plan on going over 20 pounds. They work great with the stock non-TTY head bolts. Go with the graphites only if you upgrade to studs or ARP head bolts. I'm not sure if that extra .030" is going to be a problem with the valve lash or not. I run steel shims on all my hot airs with out to many problems.

RJC sells a replacement gasket for that motor which are supposed to be superior. i think the thickness is .020" because of the taller deck height.

49-blues said:
RJC sells a replacement gasket for that motor which are supposed to be superior. i think the thickness is .020" because of the taller deck height.
Its supposed to be .017 compressed i think. You will lose comp ratio with a thicker gasket. RJC has a good solution for your engine. You must always do a retorque with steel gaskets. I would never use the gasket you have in your pic in a turbo engine.