coolent additives

Back-N-Black

While in the parts store today i seen some stuff called wetter it's
said that it drops the engine coolent temp up to 20 degrees.
has anyone tried this stuff and did it work?

Originally posted by Back-N-Black
While in the parts store today i seen some stuff called wetter it's
said that it drops the engine coolent temp up to 20 degrees.
has anyone tried this stuff and did it work?

Redline Water Wetter works really well. I've used it in all of my cars for the past 10 years. For best results, flush your coolant and replace with straight water, then 2 bottles of Water Wetter. It should come in the mail with the purchase of every new car like those little boxes of Tide. :)

Peter

if your car sits outside for the winter.. then dont use it...
you will still need anti freeze to lower the freezing point

OR just drain the block
BW

I've heard a lot of bad things about water wetter. I tried it on one of my Z28's, didn't do squat. RMI25 is better, and keeps your cooling system clean.

Hey Guys,I am sitting here very igorant:( ,and lonely,I came to the Dark Side in July 03,Always wanting my Grand Nat and finally
got the 2nd woman of my dreams:cool:
Down in Pt.Charlotte FL. there aint much going on except a Kvette
Club.Can U guys give me a hand :confused:
I gotta 87 T-Type,86M on car only 11M on crate engine that was installed in 99.I flushed Radiator,after changing heater core.
My problem is no mechanic as Yuall know dont like or cant work on our cars.At normal running 85-90 degrees out,without A/C on
it runs great 185-195,when I turn A/C on it will elevate to 225-
240.Should I go with dual fans,can U set the fan to run alltimes.
I was told the water wetter may work,wat is RM125.
Pleeze Help:confused:

Lonely in Pt Charlotte

Hey Rich! Congrats on getting the car. I'm 15 minutes away from you in North Port. You may still have the stock thermostat in that car. If you want, I can look it over for you before you start throwing parts at it. Let me know

Ed (sorry to hi-jack the thread, just trying to help a new guy)

Hey RareT
No problem in jumping in,Its some tuff getting anybody to return Email.:( Muved from the balto.area for a retired,and peaceful
low crime,have enjoyed so far.Let me know when U getta chance like to meet up with ya.