Coolant in oil

hogwash
ive run (at the track to be clear) just above freezing with alky and inlet temps in the 30s

if you're looking for the shooter in the grassy knoll ....its not alky at under 70 degrees

hogwash
ive run (at the track to be clear) just above freezing with alky and inlet temps in the 30s

if you're looking for the shooter in the grassy knoll ....its not alky at under 70 degrees

Lmao

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

hogwash

I've too have raced my car in low 50° weather on alky, no issues. Only problem loose track in the big end.

hogwash

Agreed, and just because the ambient temp was 70 does not mean that the air coming into the throttle body is anywhere near that. When compressed by the turbo it gets much hotter.

With this car back together now I lowered the boost to 17 lbs no alky and tuned for 10.5 wide band 18 degrees timing. Some false knock shifting into 3rd other wise no kr at all.
My question would it be safe to start increasing boost half pound at a time and turning knob up on alky control to remove any knock as needed?
Before the hg blew I had alky set on 6 , witch is what the directions recommended as a starting point. I never saw kr with it set on 6 and wide band was alway pegged 10.0 under wot

hogwash

Really??

Water has a flash of 180 df. methanol flashes at 70 df(degree's farenheit) So if the air coming across the nozzle does not have enough temperature to flash the liquid, the liquid being shot it is carried to the back of the intake manifold and uneven distribution is what happens next. Meaning the rear cylinders get liquid and the fronts dont.

Damn, I guess Julio doesnt know what he is talking about.
HMMMMMMMMM

Bryan

Really??

Water has a flash of 180 df. methanol flashes at 70 df(degree's farenheit) So if the air coming across the nozzle does not have enough temperature to flash the liquid, the liquid being shot it is carried to the back of the intake manifold and uneven distribution is what happens next. Meaning the rear cylinders get liquid and the fronts dont.

Damn, I guess Julio doesnt know what he is talking about.
HMMMMMMMMM

Bryan
either way

At 30psi the air across the nozzle is more like 330* plus ambient less your intercoolers efficiency. The problem is when guys inject methanol like is nitrous.

either way

At 30psi the air across the nozzle is more like 330* plus ambient less your intercoolers efficiency. The problem is when guys inject methanol like is nitrous.
My IAT went to 62* ...Just saying. Not what caused my meltdown though.

Bryan

My IAT went to 62* ...Just saying. Not what caused my meltdown though.

Bryan

Are you measuring it before the turbo in the stock location? Air heats up as its compressed. If your measuring in the plenum, then its the temps after the alky removed the heat.

With this car back together now I lowered the boost to 17 lbs no alky and tuned for 10.5 wide band 18 degrees timing. Some false knock shifting into 3rd other wise no kr at all.
My question would it be safe to start increasing boost half pound at a time and turning knob up on alky control to remove any knock as needed?
Before the hg blew I had alky set on 6 , witch is what the directions recommended as a starting point. I never saw kr with it set on 6 and wide band was alway pegged 10.0 under wot

First things first take off the volt booster. If I remember correctly your alky system was just installed therefore blue knob at 6 seems high for 17 lbs of boost and 18° of timing. I have mine at 5 1/2 and the cars runs 125 mph.

Bryan,

I see what you're saying however when the boost spiked that's a lot of alky and your engine was not turned for that.

Walter

First things first take off the volt booster. If I remember correctly your alky system was just installed therefore blue knob at 6 seems high for 17 lbs of boost and 18° of timing. I have mine at 5 1/2 and the cars runs 125 mph.
Why should I remove the voltage booster?

Yeah you're spraying too much cuz of volt booster and IMO blue knob on 6 is a high setting.

Yeah you're spraying too much cuz of volt booster and IMO blue knob on 6 is a high setting.
And if it's way to rich I would be getting zero kr but still damaging my head gaskets correct?