converter slippage

Bobs rare 6

Are a\c 16930 9inch conv.s known for blowing through? My 3400 a\c rolling along at 40mph. from a 2nd gear roll will flash my 5600 shift lite on almost instant with no tire spin! Doesent really slip, but that seems wrong. Thanks, Bob.

Are a\c 16930 9inch conv.s known for blowing through? My 3400 a\c rolling along at 40mph. from a 2nd gear roll will flash my 5600 shift lite on almost instant with no tire spin! Doesent really slip, but that seems wrong. Thanks, Bob.

Yes. You need a 9.5" PTC in that combo. In a 126mph car i had 14-16% slip up top with an AC 16930 3000 stall. You need more injector also.

Yeah I want a ptc. Was just wandering If the conv or trans was blowing through? Ive got dual nozzle razor alky kit. Has been 10.74 wihout alky and 10.97 withpump and alky.

Yeah I want a ptc. Was just wandering If the conv or trans was blowing through? Ive got dual nozzle razor alky kit. Has been 10.74 wihout alky and 10.97 withpump and alky.

If it was the trans the fluid would be shot.

Bison, would you think a tsm combo stall would work good on my setup with a 9.5 ptc? Ive got a 45-a q-trim with .85exh. Reason I ask Is a good friend has a new tsm combo stall , awaiting his motor and so I might see If I can buy his. What kind of Increase can I expect over the art\carr? Thanks. Bob.

A lot will depend on where you will shift at. If you shift at 5800-6000 you should be OK with a TSM style converter. Your shift point is lower but so is the potential power so it can equal out. The a/c converters need 6500+ rpm to lock in.

Bison, would you think a tsm combo stall would work good on my setup with a 9.5 ptc? Ive got a 45-a q-trim with .85exh. Reason I ask Is a good friend has a new tsm combo stall , awaiting his motor and so I might see If I can buy his. What kind of Increase can I expect over the art\carr? Thanks. Bob.
Its hard to say. You better make sure its not a spragless unit if its for a TSM race car. Converters are spec'd on an individual basis and not all TSM converters are the same. CI, compression, cam, tire height, gears, hp and a bunch of other things must be considered. Id talk to Dusty about the stall. You will need the numbers stamped on the converter for him to give you a better idea. For a journal 45a Q trim you will need a 3600 stall minimum. This will give up some vs a combo like i have with the 66BB GTQ. Id expect at least a 3mph gain in a 125mph car with a switch from an AC to a spec'd 9.5" PTC. Probably more if you dial in the entire combo and get a good 60'. Keep in mind you will be extending the distance in all gears with the PTC converter which means better et's. Revs up top will come down a lot. If you dropped to 5% slip and you had 15% before and you crossed at 6000 you would be at 5500. It will allow you to run more boost and make more power without using up all the rpm efore you cross the line.

A lot will depend on where you will shift at. If you shift at 5800-6000 you should be OK with a TSM style converter. Your shift point is lower but so is the potential power so it can equal out. The a/c converters need 6500+ rpm to lock in.

Dusty I need to send my bosses back in,His 9.5 drops to 4400 on a shift!:eek:
I am pulling the motor shortly after Cecil to have it freshened and can send it in then

Dusty I need to send my bosses back in,His 9.5 drops to 4400 on a shift!:eek:
I am pulling the motor shortly after Cecil to have it freshened and can send it in then

Id wait till we hit it hard with the high boost before you make that choice. I doubt it will drop that low based on the dyno pulls;)

Id wait till we hit it hard with the high boost before you make that choice. I doubt it will drop that low based on the dyno pulls;)
Ya but im thinking it doesnt need to be that tight an a bit looser will show better et

Ya but im thinking it doesnt need to be that tight an a bit looser will show better et

Its going to be close based on the mph this thing should put down. Have to leave harder thats all:biggrin:

Depending on what kind of front Pump is on that Converter. I mentioned once before on another thread that Negative Fin Angle Converters are Flashy but HP killers. After many years of fooling around with this. A Positive Fin Converter is best way to go.
Just my 02`s

Depending on what kind of front Pump is on that Converter. I mentioned once before on another thread that Negative Fin Angle Converters are Flashy but HP killers. After many years of fooling around with this. A Positive Fin Converter is best way to go.
Just my 02`s

I cant think of any of the top performing Buicks in the country that run a negative fin angle these days.