Converter recommendations for a TA66-GTQ?

If that is a 66mm journal bearing (non ball bearing) with a GTQ wheel..... I think you will need at least a 3500 - 3600 to take advantage of it.... to help minimize the lag....

Isn't there a watercooled dual ball bearing TA66-GTQ?

I'm sure there probably is..... since you didn't specify... I was giving you an opinion on a non ball bearing 66..... with a GTQ wheel...

If it is a ball bearing.... you might get by with a 3200 -3400 ..... IMHO....

Were you looking at lock-up or non lock?

If your shifting at 5800 rpm or so you can use a 3200-3400.

If your looking to run well into the 10's with the turbo and don't want lock-up I'd run the 9.5 non lock. I had an early version of this in my car.

Get what i have if you want a non lockup. Tell Dusty you want the one i have. It works great. Its setup to run at least 24psi. If you want to run less boost you will need a slightly looser one. Read my posts about it and make your conclusion.

Run the same setup Bison is running. His car is brutually fast and spools up instantly. He has a 66 GTQ. I think his is a BB tho.

Were you looking at lock-up or non lock?

If your shifting at 5800 rpm or so you can use a 3200-3400.

If your looking to run well into the 10's with the turbo and don't want lock-up I'd run the 9.5 non lock. I had an early version of this in my car.

Probably non lock.

I'm not positive this is the turbo I want to go with just trying to weigh my options. Current T has a FUBAR thrust bearing so I'm thinking of gutting it (body isn't that nice anyway) and swapping everything into an El Camino.

I figure with basically the motor the blue car had a TA66-GTQ could be fun for a 100% street car truck.

Probably non lock.

I'm not positive this is the turbo I want to go with just trying to weigh my options. Current T has a FUBAR thrust bearing so I'm thinking of gutting it (body isn't that nice anyway) and swapping everything into an El Camino.

I figure with basically the motor the blue car had a TA66-GTQ could be fun for a 100% street car truck.

I had the TA66 Q on my TSS car. Went 10.60's most of the time with a few 10.48-10.58 passses. What was fun was it would run 7.30's at the local 1/8 mile on a real 275/60 street tire and pump gas. This was the car that we started testing the 9.5 in.

That is what I like to hear. Would be a hell of a bike hauler. :biggrin:

Yeah the one I was looking at was the BB version.

This is the El Camino I'm looking at for the swap,
16jgas4.jpg

24pdxf9.jpg

2dlkfgi.jpg

It was my car in high school, the kid I sold it to still has it and is willing to sell it cheap.