Congrats Todd Humphries (Black Sheep)

Dusty Bradford

Todd made it to the finals last night in our local X275 class. This class requires the use of a 275/60 radial and is filled with the usual blown Mustangs and nitrous Chevy's.

He fought staging issues due to an on going brake issue but managed to beat the #1 qualifier in the 1st round which was a 427ci turbo Mustang. Then beat a nitrous Chevy small block Camaro in the 2nd round. 3rd round he was faster than the turbo Mustang he had to run but the staging issues caused him to creep a little too far in and deep staged. Being cautious about a redlight like you have to do when deepstaged led to the other guy getting a holeshot win.

Todd made the fastest and most consistent passes in elims. 5.55, 5.48, 5.59 on a very tricky track. I couldn't count the people who came by after each round suprised to see the V6 duking it out with the heavy hitters. It's been a long time coming for him. Very well deserved.

Congrats, I wish I could have made it down there this weekend. If I had known there was going to be a v6 buick I would have.

Great to see a V6 fighting against the norm v8 guy's, Job well done!

Here's a pic from staging. The Mustang was the #1 qualifier.
ToddHsm.jpg

Reactions: j-6
Great job! Todd is a super nice guy who has paid his dues. Hopefully, he can get that monster to a couple Buick events.

It looks like he was running pretty rich. I bet there is a lot more to be had out of that little V6.

Nice run Todd!!! :cool:

There was a very obvious spot there with the smoke in the 1st hundred feet where the a/f dipped into the low 10's but due to the track being tricky I didn't want to lean it out much for fear of it over powering the tires. Just a small adjustment to that part of the map picked it up to a 5.48 on the next pass and it was still rich.