ORTC Redemption GoPro action

Dusty Bradford

I have a couple video's from this last weekend's race. I was driving/tuning Alan Kennedy's mustang in the Ultimate Street class. The class runs on a 275/60 radial, is limited to a small blocks with single 80mm turbo, single plate nitrous system or a small blower like the F1 procharger.

I was able to run 5.18 at 137 thanks to a 1.22 60' with an old cast wheel Precision 47-80 and qualified 3rd out of 33 cars. The nitrous car I faced in the final qualified 2nd with a 5.12 and a blower car was #1 with a 5.11. We're looking at upgrading to a new turbo to help out. The blower cars run more mph, nitrous cars run the same mph. It took alot of work through the week to get the car to 60' and 330 with the top 2 cars. We ended up going to the final but shook the tires and got beat. From the data it appears the 30 minute cool down we had from semi's to final didn't allow enough heat out of the transmission so it didn't put enough power to the tires which is what causes tire shake. Hot fluid loosen's the converter. Lesson learned on how to address short cool down's. It's a shame. I went 5.19 in the semi's, my opponent went 5.15 in the final. I had him enough on the tree I could have won with a 5.20.

Test pass. You can see the difference from a 4.6 pass to a 5.3 pass:D

UStest - YouTube

Qualifying pass

USQ1 - YouTube

3rd rd elims

Ultimate Street Redemption - YouTube

4th round elims

Ultimate Redemption - YouTube

I didn't have final on video. I lost lane choice so I didn't know what position the camera should be in.

Dusty, that class is just killer. Would love to try and run it again, but I need to sell my GN or just build the hell outta it!

Good stuff Dusty, I was there Saturday with my dad and bro, but didn't see you when we were walking in the pits. I was amazed at how many cars were at this event. Stopped by Shane's trailer and bought one of his shirts, looked like he was fighting through some issues with his car.

Also, spoke with a gentleman that had a GN with a twin GT47-88 turbo 434ci SBC. Can't remember what class he was running, but the car was real nice. It was also cool seeing Dave DeMarco's Outlaw 10.5 GN.

Good stuff Dusty, I was there Saturday with my dad and bro, but didn't see you when we were walking in the pits. I was amazed at how many cars were at this event. Stopped by Shane's trailer and bought one of his shirts, looked like he was fighting through some issues with his car.

Also, spoke with a gentleman that had a GN with a twin GT47-88 turbo 434ci SBC. Can't remember what class he was running, but the car was real nice. It was also cool seeing Dave DeMarco's Outlaw 10.5 GN.

I was pitted right next to Chad Henderson near the tower.

The twin turbo small block belongs to Louis Hilliard. It's the same car I put the twin 67's on his V6 a couple years ago and ran at the turbobuick nats. It now has a Bennett SBX headed small block and 25.3 chassis from B&B.

I was pitted right next to Chad Henderson near the tower.

The twin turbo small block belongs to Louis Hilliard. It's the same car I put the twin 67's on his V6 a couple years ago and ran at the turbobuick nats. It now has a Bennett SBX headed small block and 25.3 chassis from B&B.

Thanks for the info Dusty. Louis is a real nice guy, he took the time to BS with me and my dad about Turbo Buicks and his car for a good while. He did mention having his car at the TurboBuick Nats and meeting Richard Clark. Good guy for sure.