Congrats to Rob Raymer, Kevin Slaby, and Brian McMillan

turbosam6

My cars suck
Got my new issue of GM high tech today, thank god theres finally some TR coverage!

Robs car is freakin' awesome! I'd give my left you know what for that thing!

Kevins and Brians cars were in the street heat section, nice cars guys!

Hey Rob, if you read this, I got a question- How do you run directscan and FAST at the same time? I thought direct scan was for stock ecm's only. Are you still running a stock posi? Again, sweet car! Wanna trade?:D

Originally posted by turbosam6
Got my new issue of GM high tech today, thank god theres finally some TR coverage!

Robs car is freakin' awesome! I'd give my left you know what for that thing!

Kevins and Brians cars were in the street heat section, nice cars guys!

Rob Raymers car is sick i love the look of his car would you think he runs 9 i didnt think so

Congrats Rob. Your car is what most TR's aspire to be. Awesome and clean. Very nice!

I've been talking to Rick about the TR coverage. I think everyone will be very happy. I have to talk to Jim Mlcvaine about putting my WE4 in street heat because its not cool enough for a feature.....

Congrats Rob --- very nice car!

Will it be at the nats?????

Jon

Man! I am always the last to see it! I'm still waiting on my issue of GMHTP. Guess I'll have to take everyone's word for it that it really is in there.

Is it on the cover too? If so, anyone have a scan of it they can email me??

Thanks for all of the compliments. Makes me feel all fuzzy.

Turbosam6 - I ran Direct Scan before I put the stage motor in it. It's always had a Fel-Pro system (F.A.S.T.) since the 4.1.

Jon_WE4 - Yes, it will be at the Nats for sure. I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Courtyard all week. If you are looking for it there, it now has Convo Pro's on it.

See you all then.

I got my new issue of GMHTP today when I checked the mail....

Rob, your car looks great in the mag!!!:D :cool: It is awesome to finally see a Stage II TR featured in the mag and especially one like yours that is a true street driven car and one helluva sleeper!

And to think I was the first who had the crazy idea that Rob's car would look good in GMHTP (check out the first page of this thread where it all started)....
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60533&highlight=9.95

:)

I am still waiting on my issue:(

86 Brick nice work, keep the videos coming as well. ;)

I got my issue and it's a good article.
Always loved the Blue and being fast.
Great going!

Still waiting on my issue. :(
Talked to Jim McIlvaine the other week at Speed Inc., real nice guy. He said that he would give us TR guys all his support in the Street Heat section.

crap-
i cancelled my subscription a few months ago cause i didnt see anything worth reading in the last few issues!

go figure cause they sent me like 10-15 "renew now" letters and id just toss em-

on a scale of 1-10, how is it, i just might go out to the grocery store and get one?!?!?

Congrats and a question

I got my issue today and the article looks great. Congrats Rob. I do have a question though. In the article it says the rear rims were widened to 8.5, How did you do this? Or are they actually American Racing vector rims?

Thanks

I'm surprised Lonnie Diers (quickt) of Extreme Automatics has not posted on this thread considering he built the badass 200-4R that is in Rob's car and the equally badass 4L60E tranny for the LS1SpeedInc. Camaro that was also featured in this months issue.... After reading these articles and seeing the power both cars are making with Lonnie's built trannies I think it's safe to say Lonnie builds some of the strongest OD trannies in the business! :) :cool:

TRDirks: If you look closely at the pics, you can see that the fin "dish" is deeper in the rear. If they had been widened they would still look the same as the front wheels 'cause you can only widen them towards the inside. There's no way to "cut and splice" them on the finned side.

Also, if you look in the parts for sale section, you'll see Rob now has them for sale... two stock 15"x7" and two Vector 15"x8.5".

Lonnie built my trans too...so far so good!!!

He's been quite busy

Its not the Speed Inc/QMP its the all Lonie issue!

Jon