Complete aluminum Indy Stage 2

V

V6 TRIKS

I have a complete 3.4L Aluminum Indy stage 2 that made about 841 hp with a single 58mm turbo at 8400rpm. This motor has to be reassembled and I am missing a few parts and I plan to change out a few to adapt (shoe horn) this engine into my car. The only thing that looks out of the ordinary is the huge sheetmetal plenum for the fuel injection. It is missing the cam and front cover. Any suggestions on trying to get another cam to bring down my rpms or use an Indy cam. This engine has 100's of hours logged on it so it is durable far more than I first expected.

Do you need a McLaren front cover and dry sump oil pan? I have one of each. If you need a cam or other indy S2 parts, contact MuscleMotorsports 707-948-1040 and ask for Grib. He just bought out an Indy team's S2 inventory. He has alot of S2 Indy specific parts.

DR

Hey
Dave it was nice talking to you on the phone today:) Now i can at least put a voice to the name turbodave:D I tryed calling the number you posted to see if they are interested in my new indy heads and its a disconected number?:cool: Could you check to see if you may have got the number wrong;) Thanks Geno

indymotor/indycarparts

Hey Turbodave231. I see you have a mclaren oilpan for a indycar, do you have a picture of it? And what other parts do you have for a indycar set-up. E-mail me Thanks:)

Musclemotors

Geno and others interested. The correct area code for Musclemotors is 704. I think it was posted as 707.
I have been there many times, and it's like a kid in a candy store!!! They are mainly a NASCAR "dumping ground". They MUST have thousands of sets of rods, pistons, heads, intakes, dry sump stuff, suspension stuff. The NASCAR engine shops are connected there and dump the dyno and used up stuff there for resale!!:eek:
This place is like a supermkt, only the stuff is used. Some of it is absolutely junk, and some is SUPER NICE.!!! What a place to go to build a "Chebby" turbo engine!!! They also have tons of YATES FORD stuff too.
Small parts, like rockers, p. rods, etc, are brought in in 5 gallon paint buckets!!!
I guess when money is no object, only winning, there's no limit to what they'll try and "throw away" if they are suspect of it's potential.
As for the BUICK stuff. They bought some Indy stuff and can't seem to give it away.:(

Oil pan picture

Attachments

• oilpan.jpg
    oilpan.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 233
Re: Musclemotors

Originally posted by Chuck Leeper
The website is www.bidracer.com.;)

That link didnt work for me maybe this will http://www.bidracer.com.

The guy is smoken the good stuff i think judging buy the prices he wants:cool: I think someone slipped some crack in his pipe;)

Chuck Leeper

QUOTE As for the BUICK stuff. They bought some Indy stuff and can't seem to give it away.

The prices on some of the parts i dont think makes it for sale..
Like a 25500029 intake he wants $175.00 for and i just sold one to TurboDave for $51.00:cool: I think you ripped me off Dave :eek: LOL Just kidding Dave :)

Bidracer nonsense

These are the same guys that sold the stage blocks for alot of $$ on e-bay. When the other stuff,[worthless Indy stuff] didn't sell, they RAISED the min bids!!!:rolleyes: WTF is this all about???:p

FWIW, I have a contact that says he has 2 container loads of Indy stuff. I think it's left overs from the Menard BUICK program. Anyone want to contact him can e-me and I'll put you in touch w/ him.

Re: Re: Musclemotors

Originally posted by geno
The guy is smoken the good stuff i think judging buy the prices he wants:cool: I think someone slipped some crack in his pipe;)

I don't know...$350 for six new carillo rods doesn't seem like a bad price to me.

Look closely at the bid price on those carillo rods. You'll notice the reserve was not met at the $350.00 price tag. I don't think you could buy them for that price.

But........., I've been wrong before.

DR

Not to mention the width and pin size:)

Rods-.990 pin-.950 width-2.25 journal-6.50 length Manufacture-Carillo—application Indy—

Hey v6 Triks

Hey v6 Triks. I was woundering if you happen to get the complete turbo system with that indy motor? Because I"m looking to convert my indylights car to a turbo system. Also you guys I already talked with muscle motors and they dont have any turbo header stuff. If you guys ever come across a indycar turbo system let me know. Thanks Rich Sadler :confused: :rolleyes: ;)