Stage 2 Indy lights engine ecu opinions

Cunn5

I have a March 86a Indy Lights car with a Buick stage 2 engine. My original ecu is not working and I am going to purchase an aftermarket ecu and harness. My car has all the standard GM plugs to all the engine accessories so a harness should be straight forward.

Attachments

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
Badass bro . I would think a fast setup or something similar should work for you as far as the harness goes I think you will have to do a custom type because of your not a regular type of car .

HighPSI

Staff member
Very cool. He's one I was involved with last year. It was running a FAST XFI. You will probably need to tune it in Alpha/N
I can get you whatever you need to include a startup program, etc..

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
Cal is the right guy for you bud he is probably the best tuner around for turbo Buick’s . Your in good hands with High psi :)

HighPSI

Staff member
Since you have the harnesses, you should be around $1700

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Cunn5

I would need a harness from the new ecu to the plugs on coil, cam sensor, crank sensor and injection harness etc..

Mr.Spool

I have a March 86a Indy Lights car with a Buick stage 2 engine. My original ecu is not working and I am going to purchase an aftermarket ecu and harness. My car has all the standard GM plugs to all the engine accessories so a harness should be straight forward.
nice ride!

Cunn5

I checked the timing of the cam and crank sensors and they are correct. I have spark air and fuel but the computer is putting out the ignition timing wrong.

BEATAV8

The Engine Whisperer
Does the crank have a high resolution reluctor wheel on it? If not, that would be something to upgrade along with the new ECU and wiring.

Maybe a 60-2

87GN_Bart

I would suggest you stick with Cal as he will help with the tune and any questions you may have related to this problem. Great looking car and worth investing a couple bucks to get it right.

Cunn5

I’ll try him when he returns next week.
My reluctor ring is custom made by George Montgomery as was all of them for the series.