Comparing Direct Scan MAF readings

slipstick

I have DS and an Innovate LM-1 air fuel meter. While tuning for a "best" A/F ratio with my Trans+ I decided to compare MAF readings from two different Trans+ WOT settings (0% and 2% richer). These two sets of data were each recorded from 3rd gear runs from 65 to 104 mph. When comparing MAF data I found there was consistantly higher air flow indicated by the 2% richer data. Does this "higher air flow data" indicate more power is being produced at the 2% richer tune than the 0% richer tune? Remember all other settings were equal between the 2 runs.
Leon

Are there any opinons regarding the above question regarding whether or not a higher MAF reading implies more power is being generated???

My take on the MAF+ is in order to add more fuel the translator tricks the ecm into believing there is more airflow than there actually is.

I haven't been playing with the MAF translator very long but I have to suggest the sole purpose is to be able to reach target A/f ratio without burning 25 chips to get the fuel right.
we also like to give it lots of timing down low for throttle response and less up top while into boost.

Hope this helps
:confused:

More_Boost!! said:
My take on the MAF+ is in order to add more fuel the translator tricks the ecm into believing there is more airflow than there actually is.

<snip>

:confused:

A fair statement.

TurboDave and MoreBoost
Thanks for your replies. Your explanation is logical and now I understand the MAF numbers.
Leon