Comp springs WTF????

Here is a screen shot of a blast I made this evening. 6220 rpm with no knock and the motor never fell off. The PAC springs did the trick. AFR was right around 10.7 in second gear. It went to 11.0 after the shift for about half a second then right back to 10.7. This is with 80lb injectors and a single deastchwerks pump. I am going to start a new thread on the overall performance and HP calculation based on fuel used.

Attachments

• image-3933447184.jpg
    image-3933447184.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 155
I believe I am having the same problem. Mine is breaking up at 5200RPM and I have tried just about everything now.
Bison suggested the PAC 1203 springs for my aggressive cam on my TA heads, but I am wanting to know what I need to do to get them on there? I just put the new heads on and like Shane, I think my TA springs may be too weak for the RPM I need (5800).

I believe I am having the same problem. Mine is breaking up at 5200RPM and I have tried just about everything now.
Bison suggested the PAC 1203 springs for my aggressive cam on my TA heads, but I am wanting to know what I need to do to get them on there? I just put the new heads on and like Shane, I think my TA springs may be too weak for the RPM I need (5800).
I did a thread a few years ago of what it takes to install springs like those on iron heads. Not sure about the fwd cast heads but I'm sure it could be made to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a thread a few years ago of what it takes to install springs like those on iron heads. Not sure about the fwd cast heads but I'm sure it could be made to work

Hes talking TA Perfomance heads....LOL TA heads and a Turbo TA I see what happened there.

Hes talking TA Perfomance heads....LOL TA heads and a Turbo TA I see what happened there.
That's ok. Same still applies. The spring needs to be clear of the guide/seal and properly located. Usually a lot less work than an iron head.

All valve springs will loose tension just sitting, even with no miles.

It is not unusual for a performance or race car to have very short valve spring life, some will not make it through a season.

If the car sits a lot, like over a winter, loosen the rockers to remove tension on the springs as this will add to their life span. :)
Nick,
Is this applicable to street/strip cars? If this is a procedure that I would need to do, I want to make sure either I do it or someone else takes care of it. Spending lots of $$$ rebuilding and I want to make I do proper maintenance on my motor.