Cometics torque specs?

turbowrenchhead

Drive like you stole it!
Got a set of .078 thick cometics. I want to lower my cr and this is a easy way to do it. I hear alot of different head torques that guys are using. I have apr studs and the lube. What should I torque them too?

Lube

With ARP lube--70 bottom row-75 top row. With ARP lube you only use 70 percent of torque value as with oil.

I talked to Dan as DLS performance and he said the anything over 75 ft pds the stud will stretch and therefore loseing tension. So he said 70 across the board. I took his advice and I cold retorqued them 4 times.

Dan worked for PT&E and now when out on his own. I know he has built plenty of motors and I didn't get a response off the board untill after I had my motor in, so I went with his recomendations. I guess the 100# works for ya then go with it. I just hope that mine holds. Eveyone has a different opion on what to use.
Buy the way nice pics russ. What in the world do you do for a living buying all those premo parts?

I worked at a wholesale lumber yard for 16 yrs..... Great place and was hard to leave but I had had enough bs. Miss the people BIG time as I was pretty much family there.

I'm workin at Cottons performance now with Jacks son Brian. Love the work, just dealin with Jack can be a challenge...;) I'm sure he feels the same.....

He's just too cool for us mortals :D