Cometics And Iron Heads

cpac

CPAC
I just had my iron heads resurfaced ,and i can feel the mill marks with my finger nails.I do not believe this surface is smooth enough [50 RA] for the cometics i am about to install ....any advice ,,is it going to leak water. My block surface is smooooth as a babys A....... i plan to bring them back to the machine shop tomorow or will copper coat help

I just had my iron heads resurfaced ,and i can feel the mill marks with my finger nails.I do not believe this surface is smooth enough [50 RA] for the cometics i am about to install ....any advice ,,is it going to leak water. My block surface is smooooth as a babys A....... i plan to bring them back to the machine shop tomorow or will copper coat help
My advice would be to get the heads surfaced again by a machine shop that understands the finish you need.

You have to call around for machine shops that have CBN or grinder type head surfacer or CNC machine. The lines you talk about is a broach head surfacer.

Where are you located?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

If your heads are champion iron's there fine the way they are.