Combos and times with E85!!!!

turboc87gn

Darkside in Detroit
Idk if this is the right section but i keep seeing cars in the nines,whos the fastest etc..But no combos and times for the corn cars....So lets see what everyones doin these days!!:cool:

13.40 at 99mph stock motor/trans/stall/turbo. 80lb injectors,tt chip, eastern fmic, stock down pipe and high flow cat. Crappy 60ft and launching with only 1-2lbs boost(vacuum brakes:mad:)

13.07@106.5 with a 2.10 60ft on street tires my first pass on e85. Scooter, I have a similar setup and was wondering how much boost you are running?

12.60 @ 111mph with 93F ambient.

165k mile stock motor w/ TA49, stock intercooler with dutt. neck. 80's with single walbro. SMC single nozzle methanol. TT chip. 3" exhaust. Eagle GTII radials. Stock trans with shift kit and stock torque converter.

11.8 @ 115 with bad coolant temp sensor. it really made a difference in spool up and over all performance. got it fixed haven't been back to track.

I have ran 93 in my car when there was no e85 on the power tour with no problem. I only put in a few gallons, and I did not try to race it until I ran a few tanks of e85.

i will find out in reynolds :biggrin:....

ta49 (22-25 psi) havent tunned yet...waiting on powerlogger:)
twin red armstrong xp pumps
slic...looks like a bg unit
3.5" dp th style
60's w/tt e85 chip
10" ptc 2700 stall l/u tc
mt dr
208/208 cam...new springs

any et guesses?

Just ran mine at Eddyville last weekend. Ran an 8.30 in the 1/8th, all stock with 60lb injectors, and a horrible 60ft time (2.05) at 85 mph.

I don't have a good ET because I was having traction problems(rear shocks are wore out and need to be rebuilt). But it went 144mph out the back door after I got back into it. So it's making good power :biggrin:

Scott

only got two runs in because it was crowded last night....i didn't have my powerlogger set right so no data....boy thats a learning curve...

run 1; didn't warm up tires enough (was cool last night) blew the tires.
run 2; left w/0 boost 1.90 60ft....7.88 @ 90.... 1/8th

with a good launch, data and tuning, im exited about this combo....

low to mid 7's look reasonable....way better than 8's and 9's last year... i bought a PTC converter (thanks Dusty) it puts down the power and my launch has to be relearned....