Collective Critisism for GBODYPARTS.COM

A subject I am familar with..........

As it has been pointed out internet is a neat tool but some things just don't calculate properly and I am sure Brian and others in the mail order business agree it also works the other way where we lose.

Like decals that we could put in the mail which we do rather than ups in most cases would calculate wrong on the internet....normally not a problem as most people buy more than one paper $3 decal...

On the other hand...we have as a customer American Muscle which is a huge Mustang company and they give 100% free shipping on everything including tires and wheels. I can't figure out how they do it....but they do.......We are talking 18-20 inch wheels with tires mounted. They gotta weight 40 lbs each or better.

Again most companies I am sure would make an adjustment if asked ina case where shipping cost for whatever reason seemed out of line...

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Try shipping to Hawaii where most online shipping calculators will calculate a ridiculous shipping fee. I recently bought a small part (TCC Solenoid) from GBODYPARTS and I simply put a note to the vendor at the checkout to ship it USPS flat rate. You will then be credited the difference in shipping costs. It's pretty painless and you don't need to call. If there ever is a problem with your order, you can be sure Brian will make it right promptly without any hassles. Their customer service is second to none in my book.

Don't like to call, I understand I don't either....

You know what I found out though:eek:

We have this cool new thing called EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's even FREE:biggrin:

We are blessed to have a guy like Brian around here. One of the very few who is doing a lot of leg work to get parts made, stocked.. who will stay on the phone long after business hours helping people with there cars many times they don't buy anything he is just helping to help. I know this for a fact. looking back on this thread I think we are lucky. The big name places I have bought Tri-5 & GTO parts from are charging WAY more shipping and handling fees.. I thank you for your support of this place. If guys like Brian and Dennis go away were done.
Being a car guy and having restored so many cars along the way there is always issues. However if you know how to deal with them (other than becoming a a-hole) 100% of the time problems have been resolved. A rash tone in a call or letter will not help you.. EVER. Best case is kill them with kindness, I go through it ever day. OVER and OVER.. but it works.

I Love all the guys on here !!!! Not in a gay way but if you are thats ok too. Lets pull together and keep the Bs to a minimum and get some cars on the road :tongue:

here ya go

Order Information Order Information
Order #1350 ()
Order Date: Order Total: $76.30
Products
1 x Grand National / T-Type RJC Airflow Distribution Power Plate
- Model: #ADPPs (Stock plenums) $59.00
Billing Information
Billing Address
Payment Method

Sub-Total: $59.00
United States Postal Service (1 x 7lbs) (Priority Mail): $17.30
Total: $76.30
Order History
03/03/2007 Processing
Back

Would post a screenshot but you can't in this section :rolleyes:

BTW, now your calling me out, so I will expect a public apology now.

Anyone wants a copy of the screen shot, PM me

williamsGN
I think your going about this the wrong way. The point of the whole thread was made and has passed over your head. If you have a problem contact the vendor directly. If they will not resolve it then you can be a post whore. I would however NOT expect any vender of anything in the hole wide world to refund anything from years ago. That's just silly.

'Horse sneeze' addict or something else :biggrin:

Nope, stating it as it is.. up to Brian to make it right, or this becomes a TTT and a sig link.

All dealing that I have had with Brian have been great. I bought a new turbo shield from Brian and when it came I could not believe it was new. I called him with my concerns and he said he would send me a powder coated shield for the same price but that the new shields looked that way from the factory. The next day I went to Richard Clarks shop and he showed me several new shields that looked just like the one Brian sent me the first time. I immidiately called Brian and appoligized and told him I would send him the difference in the price of the powder coated shield and he would not accept it. I don't know how I could have been treated any better.

Michael

i got beat up on shipping by another vendor ($15 for an oil pressure plug and another order $15.00 for a Heated O2 kit) So i called them and they gave me a Shipping "code" to enter on my next order to get free shipping and balance out. but i haven't needed anything from them - i guess thats a good thing ??? But DAM a $30.00 oil pressure plug hurts specially when Advance had it for $8.00
BTW the answer i got was that thats what UPS charges them like a true smart-as s - i said then you should use USPS- i got a mumble and here is a free shipping code for your next order thank you and have a good day.

damm i can't remember what i had for lunch today but i can't for get dumb stuff like this:mad:

Nope, stating it as it is.. up to Brian to make it right, or this becomes a TTT and a sig link.

Well this will teach me to post & go fishing for the weekend :rolleyes:
I just went in to my oscommerce. It shows 5 lbs which I still think is alot.
Then I'm thinking why would we have 7 lbs back in 07. Then I remembered a power plate that was built for BGC intake. Guess what it weighed packaged up? almost 7 lbs. ?
So I'm guessing we must at some point lowered the weight to 5 lbs. Due to it being off. This is what it shows now. I'm not changing that until tomorrow just for viewing purposes.

This is the reason I called BS. You told me you were looking at an old CC receipt from back in 07. Even if you looked at one from last month I would have called BS.
Your CC will not show you the shipping charges or the weight. It is one charge.
Now if you want to e-mail me a copy of the charge that we actually charged you I will have no problem refunding the difference.

I never once called you a liar.
I just stated BS because you can not get that info from a old CC Statement.
Does this clarify it?

All dealing that I have had with Brian have been great. I bought a new turbo shield from Brian and when it came I could not believe it was new. I called him with my concerns and he said he would send me a powder coated shield for the same price but that the new shields looked that way from the factory. The next day I went to Richard Clarks shop and he showed me several new shields that looked just like the one Brian sent me the first time. I immidiately called Brian and appoligized and told him I would send him the difference in the price of the powder coated shield and he would not accept it. I don't know how I could have been treated any better.

Michael

Look at my latest review on that shield. I could have removed it because I went thru a lot explaining what it was on the phone.
GBodyParts.com Online
Only reviews I remove or edit is due to foul language.
I had bad reviews on the 3 gauge a-pillar pods & left it. Then other come back & state even after reading they had no probems with it.

Well this will teach me to post & go fishing for the weekend :rolleyes:
I just went in to my oscommerce. It shows 5 lbs which I still think is alot.
Then I'm thinking why would we have 7 lbs back in 07. Then I remembered a power plate that was built for BGC intake. Guess what it weighed packaged up? almost 7 lbs. ?
So I'm guessing we must at some point lowered the weight to 5 lbs. Due to it being off. This is what it shows now. I'm not changing that until tomorrow just for viewing purposes.

This is the reason I called BS. You told me you were looking at an old CC receipt from back in 07. Even if you looked at one from last month I would have called BS.
Your CC will not show you the shipping charges or the weight. It is one charge.
Now if you want to e-mail me a copy of the charge that we actually charged you I will have no problem refunding the difference.

I never once called you a liar.
I just stated BS because you can not get that info from a old CC Statement.
Does this clarify it?

I want to see this too...

Wasn't really looking for a refund, just clarifying that when people say you won't be charged what the website shows, that is incorrect.

Fact is I was charged the amounts I listed. You have my order number on the screen shot, I would think your records could provide what I was charged.

BTW, I have never seen a website that is that far off on shipping, it is 2011... never been to a site that didn't give me proper shipping costs.
Maybe the fact that the status is still 'processing' 4 years later might be telling you something. Both orders have never moved beyond processing. Very poor website design.

I'm done, with this thread and now with Gbodyparts.

Wasn't really looking for a refund, just clarifying that when people say you won't be charged what the website shows, that is incorrect.

Fact is I was charged the amounts I listed. You have my order number on the screen shot, I would think your records could provide what I was charged.

BTW, I have never seen a website that is that far off on shipping, it is 2011... never been to a site that didn't give me proper shipping costs.
Maybe the fact that the status is still 'processing' 4 years later might be telling you something. Both orders have never moved beyond processing. Very poor website design.

Exactly what I figured, you don't have squat... Why does that not surprise me... That makes 4 of you out there that is just freaking unbelievable... Thank goodness people like Lou, Gary, Cruzin, Bruce and many others shine and make the west coast!

Brian, what ever he spends a year with you just add it to my tab:biggrin:

What you have to understand is that I will have to literally go thru plastic totes that are lined with paper receipts from back in 07. I do plan on going thru the QB & try to see what was charged in 10.
Honestly for the most part with larger orders it really isn't that far off on shipping.
Order 9973 just came in. This is 4 years later. Over 70% of our orders are over the phone.

Also April is when I moved my entire facility from the cold PA. region down to N.C. I noticed your order was placed on 3/3/07
No excuse & we are no way in the world trying to say we are perfect. I'm just offering to make things right with you. I'm heading home but feel free to get me that info & yes 4 years later I will still stand behind something we did wrong.

Trust me I have been battling this for a while now. I no have a new web person working on this as we speak. The problem we are having is Canada shipments are showing lower then reality & the continental US is showing hi.
This is the newest one added yesterday although it is a Monte part we put a remark in the add.
GBodyParts.com Online
We are hoping to have all fed ex rates in here by next week.
I have to work on how we can incorperate USPS for small flate rate boxes.

I know today alone I refunded 10 orders via pay pal. It wears me out as well.

I appreciate the constructive criticism as well.

One thing that might help as well is to list what size flat rate box. They have three. Small, medium, and large and vary from $5-$15.

I get stuff shipped up to Canada quite a lot from Brian. Using usps, the rates are reasonable and I've not had a problem. Fedex and ups are almost in the "HOLY CRAP" category for shipping to Canada lol. I really think fedex and ups are giving you the shaft in their rates Brian for shipping to Canada. Thanks god for usps and the non striking Canada post dickweeds we have in our country! lol It was so stupid, the government passed a law to MAKE them go back to work hahahaha