Coil pack for tr6

I recently swapped plugs and found the gap was quite a bit wider than what I had set it at. I think the extra spark energy is eating the plugs. I run LS coils but I wonder if the plugs are part of the premature failure you see with the waste spark coils?

i dont think, my plugs were new and roasting coils.

Green,

You ever get an answer or issue with the TR6 addressed?
sorry I didn't see this reply....My tr-6 had a bad spot somewhere.Bob is replacing the board on it.
It passed his bench test but it still ran crappy.Sent it to burick and it ran crappy on his car.
.Bob might be able to chime in on the exact problem with the tr-6 unit.

@greeneyegi @TurboBob what was the final conclusion/fix for this as I just ran to a similar issue with what I believe to possibly be the TR6 and or coil getting to hot and causing the ignition to start missing. Once the units cooled off the car rand fine.
Thanx

Bob repaired mine but I haven't taken it on a long trip (60 miles or more) to really test it yet.

There really have not been many coil issues over the years. For Rick I tweaked the software to reduce the dwell.

I can send you the software update to try if you like.

Bob

I just came across this thread and I'm having the same issues with coils going bad. Running.020 gap on my plugs and number 5 goes dead. 2 coils over 15 months. I'm on my third coil mown from Advance Auto.

Bob,
Is there a way to tell what software version is installed in the TR6?

yes,

turn on mode 2 while the key is on (engine not running), the version will blink out on the red LED.

Bob

I just came across this thread and I'm having the same issues with coils going bad. Running.020 gap on my plugs and number 5 goes dead. 2 coils over 15 months. I'm on my third coil mown from Advance Auto.

what brand coils?

We can update you to the version with less dwell, if you like.

Bob

hmmm more issues, Can the unit kill the coil pack secondary winding causing it to die out but start ok ?