Coil pack for tr6

Yesterday I started driving to Woodward. At the 3 hour mark car started to sputter again on the hwy. Replaced maf, no improvement. Put the stock module/coil back on and that fixed it. This is getting very annoying. Coil was extremely hot but I don't know how hot is too hot. Could it be the plug wires? They are Taylor, bought new when I bought the tr6. Maybe Bob will be at Woodward?

I had a miss at wot.swapped could no fix.put original ignition and coil and it runs perfect.I sent tr6 back to Bob earlier this week to test.

took the plug gap down to 020, fixed the issue. Recommended fix by Bison. Rick, take your gap to .020. Report back.

You would think with the tr6 that running a gap over 34 would be no problem. Wouldn't running a gap of 20 mean there's less energy or a problem somewhere?

How long did you run 34 before you had an issue?
I recently converted to ic so i cannot compare the amount of draw being placed onto the system. I am making over 500hp. Problem was immediate when and after getting a tune on the car.

im well north of 500
i run the gap at .024
alky 93, low 10s A/F, boost pretty close to 30psi at the traps

depending on any deposits built up on the plug porcelain, you may need to close the gap to prevent misfires. The energy will take the easiest path, and on a clean plug that will most certainly be the gap. When the plug gets contaminated, then at some amount of boost the energy will choose to run down the center insulator rather than jump the gap.

.020 seems kinda small to me too..

Bob

Here is what I know. Clean grounds. Brand new Caspers COMPLETE wiring harness. Brand new coil...both AC delco and BWD. Brand New NGR UR4 plugs. Grounds, completely cleaned and prepped. New Alternator, New casper hot wire to the coil. New 25a fuse. New spark plug wires, two different brands. .034..anything past 17lb....miss...hesitate...stumble backfire. .020....runs like a raped ape. Something is wrong.

84/85 traditional coil, or 86/87? There is a ballast wire in the 84/85 harness

Bob

my car coverted over to IC. I replaced EVERYTHING new. Wires, coils, harnesses, plugs, chip, etc. No rock was left un turned. I'm in flight to mexico now on my business computer, or I would send you a log when the condition occurred. Everything numbers wise looked damn good.

Bob mine is doing the same thing.I never tried closing my gap less then .035.
Seems exact same issue.