Code 44 fixed...Now popping and KR at WOT

snail power

Well I finally found my problem of my code 44 being a bad maf... (along with busted vac lines and crappy vac block gasket........ Well my cars idle is f-in awesome finally and drives a $hitload smoother....but now I am having issues on wot where I am getting popping and KR between 1.X-8.X. I have messed with the fuel pressure and so far I cured some popping I was getting on just crusiing and inching on the gas, but WOT will start to hesitate jerking the car a bit , pop, and I see KR hit the scanmaster. My MAF hits good at 255 with no drops from what I see on Scanmaster but my o2's will be good at 800-780 then suddenly drop to 671 or in this range and here comes knock. Now I have a bosch o2 b ut my question is my car would not do this before but I would have the Bl's pegged at 150 constantly and the car didn't pull as well as it does now even at just 13-14 psi and previous setting was 15 psi..... Along with changing my maf i changed plugs (cr43ts gapped .035) and have a new set of wires coming in this week. Could this problem have always existed but is now showing up because another part of the car got fixed? This car is getting the best of me and pissing me the f-off after alot of TLC I have put into it. I had my fuel pressure set ti 42 line off before the maf fix, after the maf it run's best at 38(line off) with no popping except WOT.... Set up of car is as follows

30 over trw pistons
stock shotpeened rods
313b atr cam
champion ported heads
champion ported intake and plenum
lubrant street chip, 009's, bosch 237 fpr
msd cables plugs:cr43ts gapped .035
3" thdp, atr dual 2.5" catback

Help before I turn to a HONDA!:eek: ;)

Nick

What fuel pump do you have? Is it hot-wired? Check your fuel pressure under boost w/ a hood mounted fuel pressure gauge.

Sounds like you are getting really lean under boost.

38# with the line off seems low to me but I am not too familar with your chip.

Other than that, check EVERY vacuum line, these cars are pretty old now, hoses get pinholes and such.

Mark F. 87 GN 11.9 @ 115