COde 31 and 44

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
Any way I could figure out what's going on with these without a scan tool? CHecked fuel pressure with key on is right at 40 psi. with vaccum hose off regulator I got 47 at idle, seems kinda high. When I was driving down the highway at 60 I had about 3 boost at steady throttle, according to the "ACCURATE" digital guage, is that a sign of bad wastegate solenoid? As far as the lean code goes would a clogged fuel filter cause this? THe car sat for a while I think maybe it could be a little restricted from all the bad gas and whatever else. I have ran fresh gas through it just haven't got around to checking the filter yet. Also noticed my MAF looks a little dirty, can I clean it with brake clean? As far as mods go I got a 237 regulator, k&n 9" cone, 204-214 cam, bypassed coolant lines, and I don't have exhaust past the dual pipe yet and I"m still running stock ungutted cat.

Would the ecm flash 12 even with a bad ecm fuse? It would make sense beings my car sputters, won't idle when cold, fluctuates and idles high when warm, who knows-damn I need to save some money for a scanmaster. Maybe in a month or two. Anything else. I am competent with a test light and voltmeter, I at least have those LOL!

Any other ideas appreciated. I'll check back in the morning, I'm gonna crash GOODNIGHT!

did u check the ecm fuse?
i think u have a couple of other problems,could be-- --chip----maf---iac valve---vacuum leak---dont know without a scan tool. maybe someone else can chime in.

good luck

Yup, one of them was blown. Turn the key on and didn't blow so hopefully fixed. Also had teh hoses backwards on actuator and wastegate. Maybe tonight I'll fill teh powermaster up and take it for a quick ride and see if the codes set. Still won't idle for very long though, must be iac. has a miss at idle until it comes out of it, hmm I'll try an iac beings I think mine is stuck. My friend that's a mechanic said I should be able to move it and I can't.

Took it to work last night only about a 15 minute trip there and back, no codes as of yet but noticed it is boosting VERY HIGH by what the factory guage says. I know they're not always accurate but it pegged out and I didn't even have it more than 2/3 down when I got on it from 40mph? Seemed like it was slower too. COuld this be because the computer needs to relearn? When I first started driving it it started to really buck and sputter when I got it on the road, never done anything that bad before. I'm gonna pull a plug or too out. I got a feeling they might be fouled bad. If the plug wires werent secured and they were touching would it cause a miss? They are new auto lite wires 8mm. I've heard of it but never had it happen personally and they all touch on my DD, no problems. As far as the turbo vaccum goes I have the small leg of the Y going to the wastegate, the other going to the compressor, and the single end going to the solenoid, is that right?