Clip hold filter up or down?

TurboGN

I read that the clip should push the filter down and keep it on the bottom of the pan to allow the best fluid flow and minimize the chances of air being sucked up on a hard launch. Is this true? I've been using it to secure the filter in place because it just looked right. Thanks, Joel

There is even a spot in the plastic of the filter where the little tab goes.:)

On a related note:

On my last filter job (and one other earlier job) it seemed like it took some effort to push the pan up against the filter. Enough so that I double-checked to be sure there was only one seal in place. I had to use the bolts to draw the pan up. Anybody else run into this? Like I say, it's only happened twice, the other times I could hold the pan up flush without the filter interfering...

Originally posted by S10xGN
On a related note:

On my last filter job (and one other earlier job) it seemed like it took some effort to push the pan up against the filter. Enough so that I double-checked to be sure there was only one seal in place. I had to use the bolts to draw the pan up. Anybody else run into this? Like I say, it's only happened twice, the other times I could hold the pan up flush without the filter interfering...

Thanks GNeric. Maybe I'll do it right this time. Hey Russ, good to hear from you. I'd love to see that little S10 now. The last time I saw it, it had a sweet custom interior and lots of custom parts but issues remained with the cam and heads and their related vendors. From your sig it appears all the kinks have been smoothed. Did you win a trophy in the Conroe Buick Bash?

Originally posted by TurboGN
Hey Russ, good to hear from you. I'd love to see that little S10 now. The last time I saw it, it had a sweet custom interior and lots of custom parts but issues remained with the cam and heads and their related vendors. From your sig it appears all the kinks have been smoothed. Did you win a trophy in the Conroe Buick Bash?

Hey Joel! Oh, that's right - you weren't there... :( Yup, I got a 3rd in the non-Buick division. All those problems are way behind me now. If I choose to go for a ride, it's all smiles! :D Yeah, we need to hook up sometime soon and compare notes. :cool: