Clean out fuel system/sugar in tank

Sixxshot87

How hard is it to drop the fuel tank and clean it out along with cleaning fuel lines? someone put sugar in my tank and it clogged all injectors. i decided that I am going with new injectors and pump but want to correctly clean the tank and lines so this isn't all for nothing. what tools do i need and any suggestions/tips/**** to watch out for? thanks

what you REALLY need is ..........
better place to park/ secure your car.
locking gas cap?

Buy a couple filters, use the schrader port on the rail and the fuel pump jumper behind the alternator. Run out all the fuel until the pump loses suction, change the filter. Fill the tank with 5 gals of ethanol/methanol and add a gal of water. Bounce the car to agitate the mixture, then run it all out the schrader fitting until the pump loses suction again and discard. Change the filter again and add a couple gals of gasoline. Bounce the car to agitate the mix, pump it out the schrader fitting and discard. Change the filter, pump, and injectors. Fill the tank with premium and drive it. BTW, I've used this "methanol/water" trick to clear an empty tank for welding...

Cruzn, not buying another house any time soon. S10, won't trace amounts of alcohol trash petroleum seals on new pumps and injectors? I've had pumps go bad from using petroleum in a can that had alcohol in it at some point even though when i filled with petroleum the alcohol had already evaporated

Sugar does not dissolve in gasoline... and any water actually present in your fuel might dissolve a tea spoon which is no where near enough to do anything. You got other issues buddy. That whole sugar in the fuel system is nothing more than an urban legend, and a piss poor one at that...

Now if some ******* REALLY did put sugar in your tank, it will still be solid sugar. Your fuel filter will have stopped it, and the fuel strainer sock will have kept most of it in the tank. The odds of any of it actually making it's way to your injectors are pretty slim. The only way around this I could see would be someone pouring sugar water or corn syrup in your tank, but that's just downright hateful! You would also be able to smell sugar burning from your exhaust.

I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to keep your from wasting your time.

Pull the tank and clean it out with hot water. They say it doesnt do anything but I see this at work maybe a couple times a month. we pull the tanks and filters if it has one. We also pull injectors and replace screens if available. It will get in the impeller of the pump and it could cause a lean problem and a no start condition. I will low amp pump before any repair and see how many amps its pulling. If I see between 6 and 8 amps I will flush the system. If I see 12 to 16 amps it gets a pump/sock,filter and injector cleaning and a tank cleaning. I usallly back flush lines with ac flush or brake clean with tank out. good luck

Before I start all this, I forgot to mention I clogged ALL 6 injectors at the same time, I took ONE off and had it sonic cleaned forwards and backwards flushed with proper cleaning fluid at an injector shop. it took 4 hours to clean one and it finally coughed up a white glob and is now clean. If anyone has any suggestions who say sugar doesn't/can't do that i'm all ears. What else could a white glob be that clogs all injectors at the same time. I just find it real odd.

Remove the fuel filter, cut it open and see what is inside. It should be full of sugar or goo. You'll be replacing it anyhow.

How crazy hot was the chick that you pissed off?

Got any pics to share with your good buddies on the Buick board?

Good luck
~JM~

Pull the tank and siphon the gas with a ball siphon. You will be able to get all but a few drops if you tilt the tank on a corner and put the siphon tube in the right spot.

Elmers glue maybe? There's all sorts of nasty things I can think of to put in someone's tank! Good luck!