CIS K-Jetronic fuel Inj. adapting to my 70 GS350??

GS70350

Round Headlights.Like em?
ok guys, im going crazy not having a project to work on, to make power, to mess with. My Ttype is done, ive passed the budget minded mods level and i cant afford anything else. I like to work on em, driving em isnt as fun, so i need to do something, and im thinking of changing my 750 quadrajet fueled high mpg buick GS 350 into a multiport injected beast. I will be using dual bosch K-Jetronic CIS (constant injection system) fuel injection systems, one per cyl. bank. Each has its own air meter and delivers fuel in proportion to the airflow. Its all purely mechanical. instead of pulsed injectors, these spray a constant fine mist at all times, so no worries with injector timing. Only problem is the systems max out their airflow meters at around 200 to 225 hp which limits fuel delivery and of course, hp. With 2, i will be limited to about 400 to 450 hp, which i feel is enough fuel for a engine only making aaround 250 right now. The system will make turbocharging a very easy option in the future, but i would like to know some opinions on the K-Jet if anyone knows anything about em. I have one on my rabbit, works great, and i really like the simplicity. If anyone knows how i can up the fuel delivery on the top end without adversely affecting the low end, please let me know.

Opinions?

Rather than trying to reinvent the wheel; why dont you look for a Gen 6 Accel set up on Ebay or buy the new Gen 7.
I would take a some sort of aluminum Buick intake (preferable a single plane) and have the injector bungs added. You can make a plenum to bolt to where the carburetor would normally sit and use a TPI or a Ford style throttle body. You can also buy a 4 barrel style throttle body. The sky is the limit with the DFI and would be a lot easier than trying to adapt a set up that would require you to burn proms or cal packs for to get it tuned properly.

Originally posted by GNVAIR
Rather than trying to reinvent the wheel; why dont you look for a Gen 6 Accel set up on Ebay or buy the new Gen 7.
I would take a some sort of aluminum Buick intake (preferable a single plane) and have the injector bungs added. You can make a plenum to bolt to where the carburetor would normally sit and use a TPI or a Ford style throttle body. You can also buy a 4 barrel style throttle body. The sky is the limit with the DFI and would be a lot easier than trying to adapt a set up that would require you to burn proms or cal packs for to get it tuned properly.

Well, i have no money. I can do this for practically free. Also, there are no single plane intakes available for the 350. I really like the k jet because it has no electronics, all mechanical, so there will be no chips, proms, cal packs, or any computers to mess with and sensors to adjust. Just hook it up, adjust the fueling like a carburetor in a sense, and go. If it was easier to install EFI, i would definately do that and try to make a intake like the one on the ICed TRs, and make it like a 87 GN with 2 extra cylinders, hehe.