Fuel Pump Questions - Going to finally spray meth

moparkid

I hear all the talk is when using a meth injection kit, to run a Walbro fuel pump that is 255 lph.

I was looking at the pump on their website, and they list that Part# 5CA400HP, which is the 255, is a replacement pump for a number of AC Delco fuel pumps including EP242 which is the ACD fuel pump for a Turbo Regal.

I replaced the fuel pump on my GN when I installed my new engine approximately six years ago. Looking back in my records, I did use the ACD EP242 pump.

My question is, is the Walbro fuel pump an actual direct replacement and the Delco pump generates the same amount of pressure, or is the Walbro pump simply a hi-volume replacement pump for the Delco application?

All of the other necessities have been installed on the car - adjustable FPR, hotwire kit, and of course I'll be getting an updated TT chip. 93 Octane is getting harder and harder to find in my area, it will be nice to be able to buy fuel anywhere (everyone sells 91 octane). The extra HP will be nice too I suppose...

I think the EP 242 is about 200LPH from what I remember from researching that pump in the past. It may have changed since then

Size your Pump and injectors to your goals. Can't see your signature...

Bryan

Choosing the correct fuel pump has nothing to do w/ alky injection. The pump must be sized to the engine's requirements. Alky is a detonation suppressor, & should not be considered a crutch for insufficient fuel supply.

My mods are:

36lb injectors
TE44 Turbo
Duttneck intercooler
RJC power plate
LT1 MAF w/translator
Adjustable FPR

I just went through this. I was running a ep381 GM pump. It was good, but once I started turning the boost up over 20 psi, it wouldn't suffice. It seemed to be done at 62 psi