Christmas time thieves!!!

Ok here is what was posted there.

So this morning we get up early and drive from New Mexico over to Lubbock Texas to pick up the mother-in-law who is spending Christmas with us. We get into Lubbock early so we swing by Sears since they have a big tool sale going on and do some shopping. We notice it is getting close to the time for her plane to arrive so we leave and get her and come back to the mall to finish our shopping and get something to eat. We were in the mall the second time for maybe an hour and a half and walk out to my new 2008 Chevy Silverado crew cab and discover my front passenger window is busted completely out and sitting in the seat and floor board. I look around the truck and the only thing missing is my portable GPS. I had gifts in the back seat and the kids gameboy sitting in the console and it was untouched. I know someone had to see them bust out my window, the thing was completely shattered. I call the cops to do the report and see if they have any footage of the parking lot from the cameras, they have nothing. The cop told me there had been several windows busted out today at the mall and I was not the only one. They scratched the paint on the pass door, the glass cut up the upper door panel and the a piller trim. This makes me sick to my stomach to think people do this. I work hard for my money and don't make alot of money being in the military. My deductable is $500 and to top it off it was money I was going to spend my two children for their Christmas. What do you guys think? I want to get the panels replaced and the door fixed because if I don't everytime I see the damage I will remember what happened. All I have to say is the punks better be glad I didn't see them do it!!!!!!!

Brian

What's yours, is in fact, NOT yours. It's THEIRS! Remember that, and you will not drive anything nice, or leave anything in sight inside your car. We have a local police dept. that walks around mall parking lots looking for cars with visible "goods" inside thier car. If they can see something of value, they leave a note on your window tell you that you are an idiot (well not in those words) and can have your car broken into in a matter of seconds and have all your stuff stolen. You have to be prepared yourself.

I believe

the Police leave a Form 1d10t on the vehicle dont understand?
write it out heh heh heh heh

There was a recent news report of some vandals in Kansas City running around shooting out car windows that were parked on the side of the road. Yeah i know not quite your case but the point was vandalism before xmas causes these victims to have to forfeit some of their christmas money for repairs.

And the above poster is right, "out of sight, out of mind" is the best policy. I learned that the hard way when I parked my car in Meijers parking lot in 1997 with the windows rolled down, late at night (10:30 PM) and went in to get something....came out and all of my CD's I had in the console were gone. Ever since then I don't leave valuables in plain sight if I can help it.

I remind the wife to hold on to that purse tight & to beware of her surroundings when she's by herself.... Christmas really brings the dead-beats out!!!!

It really sucks this crap and I may take **** for this but anyone who is dumb enough to leave a gps right on the dash is holding themselves wide open to this crap.
EVERY week in or paper there is dozens upon dozens of windows smashed and GPS stolen off the window-dash.
I realize theif don't have the right but how damn hard is it to pull it off the dash and just put it on the floor.
Its about the easiest smash and grab theives have and you handing it to them.

It really sucks this crap and I may take **** for this but anyone who is dumb enough to leave a gps right on the dash is holding themselves wide open to this crap.
EVERY week in or paper there is dozens upon dozens of windows smashed and GPS stolen off the window-dash.
I realize theif don't have the right but how damn hard is it to pull it off the dash and just put it on the floor.
Its about the easiest smash and grab theives have and you handing it to them.

The GPS was laying on the floor almost under the pass seat. The only thing I can think of was when they were looking around they saw the cord, they left my damn new tools untouched in the backseat.

We don't leave the GPS or cord anywhere visible in the car and I don't use the mounting for it either. They attact the flies faster than sheet.:mad:

I dont leave the GPS in the car but it is hardwired in so the cord does lay off the side of the dash. I also leave the mount stuck on the window because if I dont it will just keep falling off. I have a paging alarm on my car though so I know if someone is messing with my car. It paged me while in a movie that my car, in a parking ramp quite a ways away had been door dinged. I was pissed but hey, I knew it would let me know if anyone was trying to steal my stuff.

The GPS was laying on the floor almost under the pass seat. The only thing I can think of was when they were looking around they saw the cord, they left my damn new tools untouched in the backseat.

Why does it surprise you that they didn't steal your tools? Do you think this was done by the type of people who want to do any work?

Honestly I think that snatch and grab theives are not persued because the cops are told to leave them be. Something about it stimulates the economy when the victims have to buy their stuff all over again. I think George W had a plan to tax them on the items they swipe.

2008 = Sat nav
1988 = Radar detectors

Same situation, just 20 short years ago......maybe the offspring of the same parents that took this stuff way back in the day.:mad:

Why does it surprise you that they didn't steal your tools? Do you think this was done by the type of people who want to do any work?

Around 15 years back.

We had a car stolen right from our driveway 2 year old car.

Inside the car was a lappy/case, 2 two-way portable radio's under the seat, and some CD's. (~7k) Only thing visible were the CD's

Inside the trunk a electronics tool case and a automotive tool box. (~12k)

Called the police, made put the report, called the insurance company, etc.
Around 3 weeks later get a call from the police in a neighboring City, they found our car.

Call the insurance company and tell them that we received the call from the police. Asked them of I could go and see if any of the stuff was still there and what shape the vehicle was in. Was given the go ahead. I knew a officer that was in that area; I asked if he could come with me to see what was left of it in the impound yard.

When we arrived there it looked like the car had been lived in and trashed, mcpukes garbage everywhere. Looked under the seats etc. None of the stuff was there.

Opened the trunk WOW that stuff was all there. So loaded it up. I said to him why would they leave this stuff. His comment was: That is work, heavy to carry.

Anyhow approximately a week later we hear someone using the radio's on a tac freq. From the conversation figured out where it was at. Called the local boys and told them. Ended up at the place and within minutes going through the gate. Conversation quits. Walked around to see if the units were visible in any waste cans no such luck. Never heard them in use again.

The lappy turned up at a pawn shop, manager gave them 100 bux for it. (worth 1200 at the time) Cd's well who puts their name on them? ( I do now).

So bottom line is they are lazy and are looking for a quick fix, something they can pawn easy.

And our cars now have tracking equipment . . .

All of it can be replaced, ISSUE was we felt violated.

Did I say: I hate thieves ! ! !

Get it fixed or it will bother you.

Later AJ