Christmas gift - upgrades

NEWCHAPTER

Need Speed
I have about $1000 to spend on myself for Christmas and was looking at upgrading the turbo to G T 6131 E Buick Street Strip Turbo from Fullthrottlespeed. I have the following mods below.

I have about $1000 to spend on myself for Christmas and was looking at upgrading the turbo to G T 6131 E Buick Street Strip Turbo from Fullthrottlespeed. I have the following mods below.

i would go for alky what turbo do you currently have? i would probably go with the 6152. where in pa are you from

Its a stock turbo, currently residing in dover , just have not thought about alky too much, guess i should research it. thanks

If you are going to spend the money on a turbo get the GT6152E. This way you can grow into your turbo and not out of it. I purchased one this summer and could not be happier. Your 60lb injectors will support this turbo well. Just get a good chip and you are good to go.

I'd buy a new alky kit from Razor.... then find a used TE44 from a board member with plenty of good feedback.... that should be doeable for around $1000 .... and then you have enough to easily go sub 11.50's with traction.....

A manual boost controller will build boost fairly quickly on the Ta-49 class of turbos without a higher stall converter. :)

Well I guess i should have done a poll but it looks like majority are saying alky, guess i will look into razor's kit. thanks

Well I guess i should have done a poll but it looks like majority are saying alky, guess i will look into razor's kit. thanks
the alky kit will make your stock turbo more efficiant past 23 psi. the alky will lower your air temp from turbo dramatically making it more efficient

I'd buy a new alky kit from Razor.... then find a used TE44 from a board member with plenty of good feedback.... that should be doeable for around $1000 .... and then you have enough to easily go sub 11.50's with traction.....

I like that plan there.
or you could get the turbo and some good tires and fill it up with 110. My 11.59 is on stock suspension with one air bag, stock original trans with stock converter and 110.
Good luck,
Scott