chips-boost and fuel

sixbanger

This might be a dumb question.......... but can a chip up the boost or fuel pressure ? I know there are adj. wastegates, adj. fpr's, and even boost controllers, but I was just wondering if you could change those settings with a chip and without having to go to a DFI type setup.
Thanks

You can't change fuel pressure in the chip. NOR can DFI do it.

You can't dynamically change the boost level in the chip either, NOR can DFI.
To change boost dynamically, you'll need a controller of some sort. Either mechanical (valve), or electronic.

Some engine management setups have programmable boost control, i.e. DTA and MOTEC and such. What's really nice is when you can do it by throttle position; you can make good strides in drivability (not like you care in a 1/4 car though). Either of those routes is pretty hard-core, but the option does exist with the proper engine management setup.

APEXi's boost controller allows you to tune boost via RPM, which is nice because you can roll it back at the car's VE peak to keep detonation down, and roll it up as the heads start to fall off and choke at the higher rpm's; adds to the power under the curve. That controller is stand-alone and like $550-600.