Changing Brake Fluid

dougie

There's nothing wrong with my brakes, but I want to change the fluid because I know it's old. I've searched the forum and found a lot of references to bleeding the powermaster along with warnings about brake fluid spraying (don't want that!); turning the ignition on etc.

Can't I simply bleed them like a traditional system? I thought I'd get some Speed Bleeders and just push all the old out while replacing with new. Thanks.

There's nothing wrong with my brakes, but I want to change the fluid because I know it's old. I've searched the forum and found a lot of references to bleeding the powermaster along with warnings about brake fluid spraying (don't want that!); turning the ignition on etc.

Can't I simply bleed them like a traditional system? I thought I'd get some Speed Bleeders and just push all the old out while replacing with new. Thanks.

refering to brake fluid spraying with the powermaster is only when changing the accumulator ball. if you dont bleed it down by pumping it with the ign. off the fluid will spray out of it. normal bleeding procedures are still the same