Champion Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wht87T

All Throttle... No Bottle
My hats off to Tom and the rest over at champion. This past weekend i just put on a set of ported irons and a ported and polished plenum and intake manifold. My old personal best was 11.96@114 with 25psi (116 octane), tonight the car went 11.34@119 on 20 psi (112 octane.) Thats 6 tenths and 5 mph!

Originally posted by UNGN
Your sig says "GN1's" which are aluminum.

Yea really. Do you have ported GN1's? Or are they iron 8445 heads done by champion?

How much $ for everything? and how long did it take to get everything after you ordered it?
Do you still have the stock cam in there?
Not familiar with a CPT65?

That's probably my next mod on the GN:D :D so its great to see results like that...

The reason I asked was when I had gn1 heads,pte 52,v4, and msd 50s art carr 9 inch I ran around 100 mph in the 1/8 6.90s et running 24 lbs.I changed to home ported irons with a te44,d-5 and ran 97 mph with 26 lbs boost.Et was 7 teens.You see how much the et costs?:p

They're ported irons, but tom told me they can still be considered GN1's, i dont know there.

I live in daytona beach so i drove my TR up to palm coast (20 min drive) Tom had everything in stock, I picked up the parts on friday morning and started on the car saturday night, the car was done the following night.

The CPT65 is a turbo from jack cotton, its a 63mm p-trim wheel (big shaft)

The car went 7.24@96 in the 1/8 on 20 psi. And yes I still have the stock cam.

I got everything from tom outright, you can just call him and he'll quote you a price. Hope that helps!

There is a ten second pass in that combo provided you can give it enough fuel and keep the rear from black tracking 300 feet up the track.Jim:cool:

Hey John

Congrats. I saw you car looks awesome with them wheels i picked for ya. ;)I looked for you but missed you. I went my best also . 10.50@130. My car was flying too! Did a 1.53 60ft on the footbrake..... :D

You forgot to tell us what all that cost you? Nothing at all was different except heads, intake and upper? Give up the prices!!!:) Frank

Rich

The car will get a roll bar when speedworld kicks me out, which I dont think will happen any time soon.

Jim

Yea hopefully with some C16 in the tank and some 55's I'm hoping for a 10.8 or 10.9!

Frank

I got GN1 irons, head gaskets, ARP head bolt kit, a ported intake, ported plenum, and header gaskets all for $1600 even. Not a bad deal!

Rich,
Thanks Bud! The old rust bucket is finally coming around.

I failed to mention that during that run i shifted the tranny from 1st straight to 3rd!!!:eek: In the previous run .... ran a 10.64 at 128 did tha same thing....time for a new shifter!Just imagine how shell run going through all the gears;)

Status
Not open for further replies.