Champion race intake

TurboDetroit

I'm looking into buying the champion race and have a few questions.

I know the debate about performance and honestly I just want the manifold for cosmetic purpose. I'm thinking about putting the car in a few car shows next year and rather than have my stock manifold ported and powdercoated and buy new fuel rails for looks I think this is the way to go.

My questions:

What should I save off of my old manifold?
What throttle body are most running with it?

Most importantly:
Do the race intake ports line up with out of the box GN1 aluminum heads?

Also, what is the wait time on these, any vendors keep them in stock? I've had problems getting parts from Tom in the past....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless your GN1's were race ported to 1200 gaskets, your going to have a big step disrupting flow to the chambers. The other way around is OK. I think its a waste of money when you could make a stock intake look really nice.

Unless your GN1's were race ported to 1200 gaskets, your going to have a big step disrupting flow to the chambers. The other way around is OK. I think its a waste of money when you could make a stock intake look really nice.

Can the intake be ordered to line up with a untouched gn1......?

Ported stock looks sweet when powder coated. Powder coat your stock rail and you'll have a nice looking package at a fraction of the cost.

As for port alignment, if your getting it for cosmetic reason only I don't see that being a issue.

You know the other half, it will be more then you need. Stock ported has gone 8s

Coilpack is moved closer to the wiper linkage. It will hit the plug wires or come darn close on the firewall side unless you modify it by moving it forward a tad or move it out of the way completely.

Coilpack is moved closer to the wiper linkage. It will hit the plug wires or come darn close on the firewall side unless you modify it by moving it forward a tad or move it out of the way completely.

Ehh not too big of a deal, I don't have wiper blades anyways [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Ported stock looks sweet when powder coated. Powder coat your stock rail and you'll have a nice looking package at a fraction of the cost.

As for port alignment, if your getting it for cosmetic reason only I don't see that being a issue.

You know the other half, it will be more then you need. Stock ported has gone 8s

It's really just one of those preference issues. If the ports are gonna be off so far that it's going to mess up drivability then I'll have to come out of pocket for porting I guess..... Hmmm curious now how much that misalignment would hurt a performance engine.

It's not going to mess up driveability. How much power you making. Are you in the 10s yet?

I had a champion intake that was unported, and was smaller than the 1200 gasket, not sure how it matched up to a stock intake gasket. I ported a set of gn1s to match a stock gasket, so I know unported they are smaller.