Centerline Telstar wheel weight

Awesome T

just to clear some things up - Frank did NOT order the wheels from me but I DID take care of him as I lead him in the correct direction. for some reason these huge vendors (read: Jegs and Summit) have cornered the market on Centerlines and I cannot compete with them as I thought before. real nice for the little guy right? well, i was trying to watch out for everyone on here but as far as Centerlines go I would go ahead and get them from either of the two mentioned above. any OTHER wheel or tire I can help out on, just not these. sorry fellas, I've tried...

John C.
G.M.
Platinum Motorsports

Yes, that is true. John was a gentleman on the phone and led me to the lowest price and was very honest in saying that he could not match Jegs. I would have *LOVED* to purchased the wheels fron John but those damn guys from Jegs had such a LOW price:( Thanks John for the help//

telstar lug nuts

Does anyone know where I can get a set of lug nuts for Telstar's that will work on 7/16" long wheel studs? I do have another rear end that I need to put in the car but it has 1/2" long wheel studs.

Thanks
John Martin
86 T-type
11.34 @ 118

What do you think of these rims guys?

Tirerack.com

Click on the ASA JS5 rims , then click on the rims on the GN to make it bigger to get more detail.

Great looking wheels

IMO they look great. I have GNX style wheels for my 16's, and Telstars for my 15's. Those wheels on a GN look at home, plus you can run 16" rubber.

Has anybody got 6" fronts? How about the backspacing for those? 4"or 5"? Plans are a 2" drop so I gotta keep that in mind. And one other thing, any recommendations on tire size? Thanks!

275x50's would not fit on my car with the Telstars and 4" backspace (rubbed on the frame) 275X60's fit fine..... I have not been able to find any 3.5" backspace Telstars

AV68U, you have the longest sig in the world. Might wanna shorten that.
But welcome, I see you live in Orlando. I have a set of Telstars on my car, 15x8 in the rear, 15x7 up front.

well, I am not too sure about their measurements, but the section width on a 60 series tire is smaller and a 1/4 inch can make a difference......I am only telling you my experience.....before you buy any tires, mount 'em and make sure they fit.....my car, like many others isn't exactly square on the frame......got a little more clearance on one side vs the other.....

like I say, mount 'em & try it

( BTW, my book shows 11.3 section on the 50 and 11.1 on the 60)

tire sizing

I sell a lot of both sizes to owners of GN/TR's - that is 275/50-15(in Nittos) and 275/60-15(in BFG's). The latter of the two, the 275/60-15 in the Nitto Drag Radial, isn't due to come out until later this summer. That's what I've heard so far from my vendor. However, I think there are more than a half dozen or so people out there that I've sold the BFG drag radials to. Check around on the BB and see what people are running. Do a search on here and you might find a few running this size. As AZGN stated, it really depends on the car but most of the time they will fit...other times with just a little rubbing when going around corners due to the soft sidewall of the tire. HTH....

John C.
LedSLED Motorsports
(315)298-1000
jcofolla@twcny.rr.com
We MEET or BEAT any tire/wheel price!
**for Turbobuick members only**
->Nitto & BF Goodrich drag radial authorized dealer.
->M/T, Hoosier & Phoenix slick dealer.
->Weld wheel authorized dealer!
->American Racing authorized wheel dealer!
->Demon Carb authorized dealer.
->NOS/NX nitrous systems authorized dealer.
->ATI Procharger authorized dealer