Centerline Telstar wheel weight

Extremely light!! :D
Really, I don't have any exact numbers, but the difference from stock or even aftermarket steel is HUGE!! After pulling my Telstars on and off a couple of times, the stock wheels and tires give me a hernia. I'm running 15x8 and 15x7's.

Attachments

• gn-sidev.jpg
    gn-sidev.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 3,549
Those are nice wheels, I was lookin' into those (same size too). Couple questions:
What backspacing do you have on the fronts and backs?
What size tires are you running? I wanna run stock size up front, then 275's or 295's rear. Wondering if they fit. Thanks.

EDIT: Oh yeah, what is our bolt pattern?

Tel Stars

someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe these wheels go 13lbs. in the 15x8 and slightly lighter in the 15x4...maybe 11 - 11.5 lbs. HTH... I can call Centerline direct if you'd like. Let me know...

John C.
G.M.
Platinum Motorsports

wheels

hmmm, i don't know :D :D

John C.
General Manager
Platinum Motorsports
"Any tires/wheels @ lowest prices guaranteed!"
**for Turbobuick members only**
->Nitto & BF Goodrich drag radial authorized dealer.
->Weld wheel authorized dealer!
->Centerline & American Racing authorized wheel dealer!
->Demon Carb authorized dealer.
->NOS authorized dealer.
->ATI Procharger authorized dealer.

best lookin' wheels on a GN (I may be a little prejudiced...I got 6 of 'em......gotta have the slicks looking good too)

I heard a nasty rumor from our tire guy that they are going out of production at Centerline and are now special order...get them while you can I guess

:) I HAVE 17" TELSTARS ON MY 87 GN.........8" REAR 7" FRONT. bACKSPACING ON THE FRONTS ARE 4"..........BUT THEY RUB AGAINST THE WHELL WHEEL OPENING, SO I ORDERED 2 4.75" BACKSPACING WHEELS FROM SUMMIT.......BY THE WAY, MY CAR IS LOWERED 2" IN THE FRONT AND 1.5' IN THE REAR.........

WOODY

Re: wheels

oh Jeeze sorry John!! What a moron I am!
Im gonna be talking to you real soon :)
As soon as I figger what back space to use for my tires.. Nitttos 275/50-15 and 225/60-15 fronts..
What do u recommend and prices??
Thanks
Frank

Originally posted by NOSjohnWE4
hmmm, i don't know :D :D

John C.
General Manager
Platinum Motorsports
->NOS authorized dealer.

Woody, thanks for the heads up on the ordering of the wheels. I need them with a 5" bs becuse of the Global West suspension I have, and have waited to buy them. Nothing comes to those who wait.
I talked to someone who knew the weights, and though they look similar to the Weld ProStars, they are heavier - the Tels were around 15 lbs, while the Pros were 10-11. Still light, though.
John at Platinum, we met at Jack's party last month, and I'd like to order a set of Telstars for my car with 5" bs on a 7" rim. I also need the rears, 8" rim with standard T-Type bs - 4" I think. I'll give you a call or send a email. Thanks.

FRANK

thanks for all the comments from everyone...i try to get everyone a GREAT price.

Frank, if you order the wheels AND tires I will give you a price that will blow your mind ! e-mail me as I need more information from you. thanks!

jcofolla@twcny.rr.com

Nitto 275/50-15's **March special** ONLY -> $140.00* !!

*plus shipping

John C.
G.M.
Platinum Motorsports
->NOS authorized dealer.

According to the folks at centerline, 4.75 is the most backspacing you can get on their 7" wide wheels............. :(

Hi Woody, I remember seeing them in a Jegs catalog as being offered with 5" bs, and were the only wheel of its type with that spacing. I just called Jegs to see if they had them, and they did, so not wanting to wait in fear of losing them, I bought a front set of 7" with 5" bs. I still need the rears, and plan to run 275/60/15 BFG Drag Radials. I think they require the 4" bs.
John at Platinum, I sent you an email, but haven't heard from you. Please drop me a line as soon as you can, as I still need the rears with tires. Thanks. John.

By the way....
I'm running 215's up front and 275/60/15 BFG DR's on the rear. I'm not sure of the backspacing, but I think the rears are 4". No rubbing except for some high speed (sharp) turns. I also heard they may be going out of production. But they also just released the 17" size last year I think, so what's the deal?? I may buy another set of front to run narrower tires when I break down and buy slicks. By that time, I'll probably switch to 17" wheels for the street. Hard to not run these Telstarts all the time, though! ;)

Tel Stars

Fellas, fellas....

I just got off the phone with American Racing who is one of Centerline's biggest Vendors and they said the 15" TelStar is listed in the 2002 catalog which I will be receiving here shortly. SO, a rumor is just that...until further factual information is heard, the TelStars are still available. I hope this helps everyone and the rumor mill. ALSO, I was correct on the weight of the TelsStars...but was thinking incorrectly of the sizes:
15x8's weigh 17 lbs. each

15x4's weigh 13lbs. each.

I hope this as well clears up any further confusion. IF any of you have questions, call me at the shop -> (315)695-2100.

>>John at Platinum, I sent you an email, but haven't heard from you. Please drop me a line as soon as you can, as I still need the rears with tires. Thanks. John.

John - I posted prices of the Nitto's, you are welcome to call me at the shop, if you do within the next 30 minutes, I might be at the bank so just leave a message. Thanks!

John C.
G.M.
Platinum Motorsports
"MEET or BEAT any wheel or tire price"

I'm not disputing anybody on the backspacing of the telstar wheels, but I verified with a Centerline Tech Rep that my front wheels are 17X7X4" backspacing........this is after a tire and Wheel Techanican at a tire company dismounted the tire from the wheel and I saw him measure it to what we thought was 4.75" backspacing......there is a bar code "sticker" on the wheel that gives a centerline tech the day of manufacture, size, etc. They wouldn't tell me what I had until I gave them the bar code information.......... I asked if they manufcture a 17" X 7" wide telstar wheel in a 5" backspacing.......he said no.........puts too much strain on the outer part of the wheel.......id Jegs says they can get them for you and you buy them.....check the bar code with centerline to verify the offset...........just my 2 cents worth......

WOODY