Cell Phone Listening Services

nick368

I know this is a non buick question, but can anyone other than the police/government listen to cellular phone conversations and if so are there companies that offer this service????

Well that is what I do for a living I work on the equpment the gov uses to do just that I I can tell you now I fix it but on less they call us and and tell us some thing is wrong and we are testing the system you dont listen in on any call they would put you under the jail for that its go a fail safe the gives a log with the user of any one who uses the sytem so they no every call we look at and we only have access when they give it to us.

Listening in on the conversation is harder than pairing with a bluetooth phone around you and listening through that.

Ya it’s a lot harder than that it actually has nothing to do with the phone if you want I’ll take a pic of the system that does it. It’s called Calea. How it works is you program the numbers of the phones you need to listen in on when a call is made to that number or from that number it is routed to the Calea system the calea system then finishes the call connection and records the conversation. For you conspiracy theory people out there the government records very few conversations it takes up twice resources as a normal call to do and the phone companies just can’t handle that load. The band with needed would be astronomical. Think of it this way a normal call is 64k so to record a call you’re using 128k of band with no multiply that times the 30k in lines your average telephone switch is providing. Even with the newer ATM and IP soft switches it just can’t be done not if you guys want to be able to serf the internet like we do. You have to think the network we use today was designed of the 10% rule in other words when it was originally designed we figured only 10% of the customers would be using the phone at one time. But with the introduction of the internet that all changed and the networks just haven’t been upgraded enough to handle it yet.

No. YOUR networks haven't been upgraded enough to handle it yet. The CIA and NSA have all sorts of crazy ****. And that's no conspiracy.

Actually I worked it from both sides and I can tell you the government network uses the civilian network when it comes to this stuff. This is the US government we are talking about do you rilly think they’re going to spend money to do something when they can force the companies that provide you service to give them access. There are some mobile units out there that can do some cool stuff but there not using that stuff on every day Joes. The FBI CIA take your pick has a direct feed in too our equipment then can add and remove taps to any line we can’t see who it is all we can see is bandwidth being used and just so you know I work for a communication company with over 1 million employees we probably have the biggest communications network in the world.