Carnage........Whats your take?

The billet caps were installed properly....with the associated align bore, etc. the hydro locking was one of many THEORIES.....they all agreed that detonation was a contributing factor. As far as the dry magging not being enough....we were told they crack checked the crank....I'm not a machinist, so when they said that, I believed it was good...when THEY installed it. All this being said, there was clear evidence of detonation, which can, and will kill any motor....and void any and all "warranties"....period.

Was this the engine that went on the infamous 159 mph rampage?

That Austin guy sure knows how to make some spectacular paperweights. I think he's in the wrong profession. BUT at least he drives his shit.

The billet caps were installed properly....with the associated align bore, etc. the hydro locking was one of many THEORIES.....they all agreed that detonation was a contributing factor. As far as the dry magging not being enough....we were told they crack checked the crank....I'm not a machinist, so when they said that, I believed it was good...when THEY installed it. All this being said, there was clear evidence of detonation, which can, and will kill any motor....and void any and all "warranties"....period.

The idea that the crank was cracked and failed due to heavy use / abuse if far more believeable than the theory the machinist gave you.

Neal

Was this the engine that went on the infamous 159 mph rampage?

That Austin guy sure knows how to make some spectacular paperweights. I think he's in the wrong profession. BUT at least he drives his shit.
Nah....that was the 109 he still has sittin in the corner....two head gaskets ago.....lol.

Actually I think that was three head gaskets ago. No wonder I'm out of headgadkets now!

Most definitely looked broken to me too. This thing is like a circus sideshow, it's being paraded around the whole midwest. Made its way down to Kansas over the weekend. Has it been to chicago yet?

Been following this thread and it is a crappy situation.

I think we should help him out and buy pieces of this famous motor! I'd be he first! I need a good paper weight and it would be a good cause. Just a thought.

Been following this thread and it is a crappy situation.

I think we should help him out and buy pieces of this famous motor! I'd be he first! I need a good paper weight and it would be a good cause. Just a thought.
That's an awesome idea....I call dibs on the smaller part of the crank....(as strange as that sounds...lol) ;)

I think I would want the twisted rod that still has the piston on it. Austin should keep the corner that says 4.1 with the casting number.