Car won't start

Twil

Welcome to the DarkSide
I just charged the battery in my 87 Turbo-T to get it ready for the spring startup, but my car won't start! Actually it wil run for 1 to 2 seconds and then dies. Then I remembered that my Extender Chip has anti-thief. Could someone email me the page with the starting instruction procedure? I remember this happening when I first installed my MAF-Pro Translator about 1.5 - 2 years ago. I thought I had wired something incorrectly - a day later after rechecking everything, I found out that I had ordered the anti-thief option when I had the chip burned. I know it has something to do with gas,brk, & shifter, but I cannot remember the sequence. Once it was disabled, I never need it again. Now after a long winter in Chicago, my battery completely when dead. Now the computer must need to be disabled again. If there is a link, I couldn't find it.

MAF Translator Pro
High Boost Solenoid
36" Air Temp Ext Cable
Buick Chip for MAFT Pro

All above purchased from fullthrottlespeed.com on 3/14/06. I found the invoice today, but no manual.

Please help, I cannot locate my manual.
jbrandon3@yahoo.com

Brandon

im not sure if I had an extender chip in my car(came with the car) but I had an anti theft program here is what the sequence was, not sure if it will work for you

car in park
turn key to accessorry?? last click before turning over the car
put shifter in drive, wait for 5 seconds then put it back in park
car should start right up.

liek I said not sure if it will work for you but this is how my anti theft chip worked.

Might want to more carefully protect that kind of information....
I imagine the occasional pro car thief might troll these message boards to find out how people wire their kill switches or what the secret sequences for chips and anti-theft systems might be....:wink: ...on these very hot cars we all own are.

Might want to check with the moderator to see if he'll delete this string....:eek:

I dont have that chip anymore so I dont really care personally. moved onto a TT chip and different ways of disarming the car.

I'm not trying to be a jerk...but...just sayin'

Lots of people still have the Extender in their Turbo Buicks and so wouldn't want the info to be so accessable.

I wasnt calling you a jerk or anything. was just commenting that it didnt really effect me. I think the knowledge is pretty accessible about how to do the process and if they are pros at it for sure they would know. It mainly deters the amateurs away from the car to take it for a joyride

Got it going tonight

Thanks for the help - I got started tonight!

Yahoo

Thanks for the help - I got started tonight!

Yahoo
Howdy neighbor.....
Did you get it out on the road? I had mine out today. How's it running and what version software in the pro? You running open or closed loop?

Rick

Running Fine

My car is running just as it did before it was shut down for the winter. It hasn't missed a beat. Although the tranny needed a few miles to warm up, it shifts as hard as ever.

My Exterder Pro Chip manual is at home I can look to find the Rev when I get a chance. My Translator Pro is Rev 4.x I believe. Also, I still run in closed loop. I think I will try open loop this summer. I have a Wideband O2 but I never installed it.

Later,
Brandon

There has been a few updates for the pro scince 4.x. We are on 5.0 now.
Most of us are running open loop and letting the pro do all fuel correction. The chip can be set to run either way.
I would be glad to update your pro and show you what I know. ;)

Rick

Great!

I would definitely appreciate any help I received on tuning my Turbo Buicks. I installed the system and finally (after days of tuning) got it to run right. I run very high 11's as it sits, but I know there are several 10ths left on the table. My 60ft times are terrible also (1.9s). I will try get some available time within the next few weeks. I have alot going on until late April. That's why it took so long to get this thing running again. But the updates are welcomed and I really want to run in open loop mode as well. Wideband ready to install, it's just sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

Later,
Brandon