Car won't start with new ignition module

I bought the ccci Hotwire and grounded the module, still no start. So I turned the cam sensor a bit like recommend and still nothing, now I don't Know if I messed up the sensor position so now I have two problems.. I'm tempted to go back to autozone and buy another module and see what happens.
Turboburick: how do I know if the timing is off? Did I mess up the cam sensor position by moving the sensor a bit. Do I need to find TDC and start all over and try and figure out how to get the senor correct?

Don't worry you don't have two problems. There is a big window the cam sensor work in. Moving it a little will not effect much unless it's already out of range and turn it more out. If it kicks when you try and start like timing is off you have to turn it clockwise. If it spins with no sign of starting you have to turn ccw. Don't be afraid to move it. Turn 1/4 inch.

RL

At this point I think I moved it quite a bit. Do I need to do the whole procedure to reset the sensor or can I just use caspers cam tool and spin it till the led comes on?

If you use the tool you will have to do the procedure.

What direction are you turning it? Does the motor kick when you try and start? Or?

RL

I had same issue as you and did as turboburick said and car fired instantly , like it never had a problem. Same deal car ran great with aftermarket, nothing with gm replacement. turned maybe 1/8 inch and was perfect.

It just cranks and never starts. Cranking sounds normal. Since I moved the sensor to the left and right a few inches I need to find top dead center again and set the cap? Sorry I'm a real newbie at this. Also I grounded the module with the caspers ccci kit, that should be enough ground right? I didn't bother scraping the powdercoat off the bracket because I figured the Hotwire would be enough. Thanks for all the help so far guys.

i may have missed it but did you actually view the spark? What about injector pulse? If its got both it will do something. Check the fuse.

It just cranks and never starts. Cranking sounds normal. Since I moved the sensor to the left and right a few inches I need to find top dead center again and set the cap? Sorry I'm a real newbie at this. Also I grounded the module with the caspers ccci kit, that should be enough ground right? I didn't bother scraping the powdercoat off the bracket because I figured the Hotwire would be enough. Thanks for all the help so far guys.
having the exact problem you had on this post,did you figure out the issue?

Turned out to be the module bracket. I had it Powdercoated so it was no longer grounding. For some reason aftermarket modules don't ground via bracket so they work. But to get the ac Delco one working I had to grind the coating off the bracket.

I have the autozone duralast module on my engine and have for a few years without any problems.

That's the only ignition part i have from autozone, everything else is BWD brand from O'Reilly's.

I bought the ccci Hotwire and grounded the module, still no start. So I turned the cam sensor a bit like recommend and still nothing, now I don't Know if I messed up the sensor position so now I have two problems.. I'm tempted to go back to autozone and buy another module and see what happens.
Turboburick: how do I know if the timing is off? Did I mess up the cam sensor position by moving the sensor a bit. Do I need to find TDC and start all over and try and figure out how to get the senor correct?

No your fine. There is a big window the sensor will operate in.

I can tell you one of the problems. Stop buying auto zone ignition parts. These cars will not run right with'em.