car wont speed up,hahahaha but true

WINDMILL

Alright guys went run the gn last night.. this pass is on reg radial tires not dr's. 1.75 60ft
7.28 1/8
96.78 mph
11.35 1/4
119.82 mph and this is at 22# and leaving at 2 # boost no spin

ok this pass is on 28x13.5 et streets tires and 22# and leaving at 10#
1.60 60ft
7.13 1/8
96.13 mph
11.22 1/4
119.55 mph
the car does not want to pick up any except what the 60 ft does,,, i'm still thinking i have and header cracked (maybe a header tube cracked and gets worse when i running under high boost) because when i try turning it on upi wont make a differance.... thats show to be a leak somewhere... any advise .. thanks monk.................

well done some checking have a very small leak from header to turbo, could not find any other leaks... sorry dont have a powerlogger... but it does run a little rich but i know that might affect it a little but not what its doing... wheres all the guroo's at......

I don't see any problems. Your mph's are the same but e.t. is quicker cause your 60ft'n better with the 10# on the launch. Your still running 22# throughout the pass. Turn the boost up to 25 with the et streets and see what happens.

most of the time what you pick up in 60fts will double in the et's... i do alot of bracket racing with my chevelle.. thanks for the help tho..

yes wont go any higher, it has a small leak at the turbo only i can tell....... i use the old gas line hose to ear method to find them.... but my problem is can find why it wont run faster than what it picked up just what it did in the 60fts...

most of the time what you pick up in 60fts will double in the et's... i do alot of bracket racing with my chevelle.. thanks for the help tho..

But your ET did improve.:confused: Is your rpm's the same going through the traps?
seems to me like your either spinning a little with the radials or the extra boost is helping the launch with the et streets.
I'm not a bracket racer so maybe i'm confused but it just seems like if your mph and rpm's are the same but the '60 ft and et changed then it has something to do with launching. same mph but better et means better launch.

all the runs was on a reds 106 chip.... a friend of mine video some runs and said he would get them posted monday..

i can understandwhat you said i picked up what it made in the 60fts, but look at some of your old timeslips and see what you picked up in the 60ft then see what it ran in the 1/8 diff.... let me know...

Are you saying that when you turn the boost up, it doesn't go higher than 22#?

I see what your saying about the 60ft. The car should pick up about 2 tenths from the better 60ft but it didn't. Without info from a data logger your guess is as good as anyone's. When your looking for another .05 to .1 you really need to be able to compare boost, a/f ratio, engine temp, charge temp, rpm, etc. to each other to see what may be different. Without data, you'll never find out what's going on.

my street tires is a 275x60 grand am street tire is on an 8 inch wheel
the et streets are 28x13.50 on a 10inch wheel
i would say they are real close to the same

ok heres a problem cold blms is 115 got it in running temps and then checked it now its staying between 76-82 at idol.... does this show real rich? turn the fuel pressure down some and went to high 80's to low 90's... now what to look for..

ok went back out and changed the maft and no luck,,,,, changed from the reds 106 chip to and reds 93 and blm's went to 128 at idol, also put the ttalky chip and done the same as the 93 reds chip, so the 106 reds chip may be bad.. so i will try test and tune thur to confirm the results... but it will only be 1/8 mile...

ok now,, went done some playing,, what chip i have in it was the alky chip(not good) only 1 i have except 93.. last time playing boost at 22# seemed like it was leaving harder but you cant tell on the street. w/band was at 10.8 to 11.2 and the 02's was 790's.. with no knock.. does this seem ok... just now need to be at the track to run it,, will do it thur night...

also the blm's seem to be right now at idol at 121... this is with fuel pressure at 42 line off.