Power Logger files...take a look please...

streetknight

DCVING
Went to the 1/8 mile track yesterday. Mods are in sig only just added a PTC 9.5" NL converter 2800 stall. Had traction problems all day lol.

Tune looks pretty safe as far as I can tell. I think the chip is burned for 22-25 psi alky and I only got it to 20#

Best 60ft was 1.75 and only ran 7.75 but @ 96MPH. Leaving with more than 2# of boost just melted the drag radials. The track prep was pretty bad. When leaving @ 4-5# it would hook, but shake the tires pretty hard about 30ft out.

Here they are, goofed up in original post.

Attachments

• 514-1.zip
    31.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 514-2.zip
    35.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 514-3.zip
    34.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 514-4.zip
    36.9 KB · Views: 39
Looked over the runs. You are using a PLX wideband? If so, it looks like you were rich for most of the runs until the rpms come up. The converter seems to be pretty tight, 900-1000 drop in rpms on the shifts.

The readings form the stock O2 sensor are all over the place, is it in the stock location? Maybe there is a header leak.

After the first run, there is a 2-3 flare on the tranny, about 500rpm.

I also wonder why the boost changes so much on the shifts with rpm. Maybe you are getting a little boost creep and need to port the wastegate? When the boost fluxuates the A/F changes. Tuning for the A/F at the top of a gear means you are richer at the bottom of the gear when the boost is lower. If you can get a steady boost you can dial in the fuel better so that you stay closer to 10.8 A/F through the whole run.

Besides that, everything looks pretty good. What size tire are you running?

Thanks for the reply. I'm running 275/50 MT drag radials. Yes PLX wideband.

I noticed the RPM's dropping a bunch. The stock o2 is int he stock location. I can hear a leak (with a hose) where the down pipe meets the turbo on the very top. Don't know about the headers.

These cars can be very discouraging lol. It ran 7.80's 1/8 mile with stock turbo, IC, downpipe, converter and exhaust system with 20# of boost.

Now we added the V4, TA60, converter, THDP, exhaust, etc and only picked up a 1/10.

Oh well

I wouldn't worry about the et pickup, look at the mph pickup from when you were on a stock turbo. I assume you were in the high 80's in the 1/8th on a stocker. You say you now ran 96mph in the 1/8th, which is good for an 11.0 with a good 60ft and good tune up top. Your ET is low most likely becasue you are so rich down low. You'd probably benefit going to a wideband controlled 6.1 TT chip and just set it to 10.8 A/F. As far as the spinning, you need to look at the suspension. A good rear sway bar and upgraded control arms and take a look at the posi to make sure you aren't just spinning one wheel.

The converter looks very efficient. Around 8% slip at the 1/8th using the TCI calculator as a reference.

Thanks Murphster, sorry for the delay, I'm not getting notifications of replies.

This was at a "Show and Go" so I'm sure the track wasn't prepped well. Gonna try to go back in a couple weeks if we get the extra cash.

That track always has had a higher MPH than every other track I've ran, so the car probably only runs 93-94. My other car went 89 at other tracks and 91 there. I'm hoping for 11.50's.

My problem is there isn't any 1/4 mile tracks around here, so I have to stick with 1/8. I may take some fuel out via the TT chip in 1/2 gears after I get the traction issues solved.

Did the injectors look ok or about time for some bigger ones? I noticed duty cycle around 86% on the one log I checked.

I've only needed 92mph in the 1/8th on a couple cars to go 11.50s with a good 1.5x 60ft. With an easy 1.7x 60ft, 94mph in the 1/8th will get you there.

As far as injector, you're already rich, so you'll be pulling out fuel. As long as you leave the boost where it is, you should be fine. If you made a full 1/4 pass, you'd start getting close at the end of the pass at running out of injector. But with your efficient converter, you'd probably only see 5200rpm at 117-118mph putting you at around 90% injector with your current chip settings and 20lbs of boost or so. I would upgrade to 60# injectors if you plan on upping the boost more. Also, if you plan on running race gas and turning off the alky you'd need bigger injectors so don't do that. Upgrade to the 60# injectors when you order the Turbotweak wideband 6.1 chip. ;)