Car stutters after rain storm

bigz

My car got soaked in a huge rainstorm last night. Prior that that it was running great. Now when I punch it the car stutters and my knock guage lights up before the alcohol kicks in. The boost is also fluctuating from 15-22 lbs at WOT where before it held a steady 22-23 lbs. Prior to the rain soaking this did not happen. I tried changing chips as I had this problem once before but that didn't help. My ECM didn't feel wet, but I wouldn't doubt that some water got into it. Is there anything else that could have gotten damaged by getting wet? If the ECM did get wet will it work properly when dried out or is it going to need replaced? This is frustrating I finally had my car running good after several months.

MZ

Did you drive through deep water? Could you have sucked water into the MAF pipe, enough that woulda mattered?

I did drive through some large puddles inadvertanly. The front of my car was also sitting in several inches of water so it is possible. What's the fix if I did suck water into the MAF pipe? This really pisses me off I drive my car to work maybe three or four times a year. It was a nice day then we got a massive storm while I was at work so I couldn't take the car home. I guess that's Colorado weather for you.

Hmmm, if the MAF numbers look good, you might wanna pull off the MAF tube and check your compressor blades. Don't want to scare you but there could be a problem there. Check the play, physical condition and everything.

bigz where is your k&n filter located? I once had my 14" k&n mounted in front of my condenser/radiator and when it got soaked with rain my engine acted like that. Too much moisture in the maf. BTW if the maf is wet "DON'T" use WD40 to disperse the moisture. I just know, ok.....Carter

I took everything apart and the air filter was soaked. I have a Kenne Bell Ram Air setup and the inside of the filter housing was also soaked. I cleaned the filter and let everything dry and the car is running much better. I think this solved the problem. I also looked at the compressor blades and couldn't see any problems whew! Thanks for the help.

Mike