car runs hot?

bad six

Well here is the deal I am in Arizona temp today 103, I am running a precision front mount intercooler, dual fans with harness, and f-body radiator, fans are working but car temp is about 203 degrees and with A/C on about 214 degrees, am I just going to have to deal with this or just put the stock intercooler back in or am I just missimg something?

This may seem miniscule, but it is VERY important.

Is the rubber there that boxes in the the front of the radiator?

If not then get the kit from Gbody parts.

What about your t stat and h20 pump???

If the H20 pump has hig miles on it, I would change it as the impeller does lose flow due to erosion, etc.

I sold my TTA to a man in Las Vegas. He runs distilled water and some additive and runs a bit cooler that way. Check the items listed by Turbo Nasty and you most likely will bo OK.

:)

thanks for the input, yes the rubber you are talking about is in place and the water pump is new as well as the thermostat the whole motor is a new build, I just didn't think it should run that hot.

You are having the problem I just had...flush the system and run just distilled H20 and water wetter (by redline) or RMI-25 or royal purple has a product... you should be fine, if not you may have a HG problem.

Something is up being its a new motor...assuming it was taken down and vatted and such and that would eliminate the block being stopped up or rusted.

Was the motor bored over?

What is your mix of A/F to H20??/

Something is up being its a new motor...assuming it was taken down and vatted and such and that would eliminate the block being stopped up or rusted.

Was the motor bored over?

What is your mix of A/F to H20??/

Ok here is what I just did...I just replaced my 1 year old H2o pump. When the Pump was off the car I removed the t-stat...tested it with a bunch of other 160 degree t-stats...I actually found out that the "new" one in my car did not work, so I replaced it with a working 160. While the t-stat was out I flushed the motor by putting the garden hose in the intake manifold which pushed all this crap in my motor out where the H2o pump use to be. Then I took the garden hose and stuck it where the water pump use to be (in the large water opens) and back flushed the entire system. I did this about 3 or 4 times. There was a lot of rust and crap that came out of my motor. My rebuild is only 1 year old.

I installed a new H20 pump. I run just one bottle of Water Wetter (redline product) with just distilled water, with two cap full’s of coolant (to lubricate system). Some guys say to run more coolant in the system but my car runs 173 all day long with the RJC FMIC. Before I was running as hot as your motor.

Well here is the deal I am in Arizona temp today 103, I am running a precision front mount intercooler, dual fans with harness, and f-body radiator, fans are working but car temp is about 203 degrees and with A/C on about 214 degrees, am I just going to have to deal with this or just put the stock intercooler back in or am I just missimg something?

That f-body radiator could be a problem?

Also, if you are running with antifreeze, that is another problem.