Car running rough after use of alky

REGALTURBO

I Am The Master..Master..
I`ve done some searches on this and even explained this in a prior thread. Just looking to see if anyone has any opinions, ideas or answers. I`m still in the tuning process of my alky system. Razors system. Looking for that sweet spot where I have the max boost level, right amount of alky and no knock. I feel as though I`m close. My runs with the control knob at 6 show 0.5 deg retarded on my scan master at most. I want zero. Car is still alittle rich. Looking to trim more fuel and maybe retard some timing. All at 23lbs boost so far. But my goal is 25lbs boost.

This is what I`m experiencing....whenever I make a run with the car, whether it be a short 1/2 run light to light or an all out 1/4 mile run the car runs very rough immediately after. 02`s drop down to 038, 046, 053 then slowly climb back up to normal numbers at idiol. BL numbers - 128. Int - 128. Runs like some plugs are fouled for 5 minutes or so then clears out and runs normal again.

Any ideas what is going on or what I can check?

Headgasket from all that cylinder pressure is my guess.

Could this be fuel pump related? Should I hook up my hood mounted fuel gauge and check for a pressure drop during or after a run? Or would that not even be a possibility?

check your fuel pressure. have you put new plugs in it? also maybe coil related?but fuel pressure would be easiest to check first. also what about vac leaks?

Lower boost to stock levels, shut alky off, and see if it runs clean. At that point you'll know your next move.

The LED will show when the system is spraying and when its not. make sure when the boost falls below 7 PSI its not, meaning LED is OFF.. as will be the power injection bulb as well.. If they are off, the alky pump wont have any signal and cannot pump liquid. Plus at 6 PSI there is a sufficient pressure to not allow any alcohol to come from the nozzle.

Sounds like you have a fuel problem. maybe your fuel pressure stays high when you lift of the throttle causing a rich condition. A simple fuel pressure gauge mounted on the winshield will solve that question.

What is happening to your car is not suppossed to happen. You need to see if its alcohol or fuel causing the rich condition. All of this could even be a bad MAF sensor or one going out.

What would the drop in the 02`s indicate?

My alky system does not shut off at 7psi. I know that it is possible my gauge can be off slightly but it seems to come on much too early. Red LED comes on even before the needle moves on my boost gauge. Green LED is on at 2-3psi.

If my alky nozzle in the up-pipe was tightened too much (using just one of the supplied washers) would that effect turn-on.

Also, car has new 3in. MAF, new wires, coils are 2yrs.old, new fuel pump, new fuel tank, new fuel pump relay.

What would the drop in the 02`s indicate?

My alky system does not shut off at 7psi. I know that it is possible my gauge can be off slightly but it seems to come on much too early. Red LED comes on even before the needle moves on my boost gauge. Green LED is on at 2-3psi.

If my alky nozzle in the up-pipe was tightened too much (using just one of the supplied washers) would that effect turn-on.

Also, car has new 3in. MAF, new wires, coils are 2yrs.old, new fuel pump, new fuel tank, new fuel pump relay.

Sounds like you have the system hooked up to a 2 bar MAP not a 3 bar MAP. better get this confirmed...

A 3 bar KEY on reads 1.6volts on the green wire, a 2 bar KEY on reads 2.4 volts. Engine not running.

If its on a 2 bar, the system will not work correctly on a Buick, it needs to be on a 3 bar MAP.