Car Painted/Need Seats Ideas/Pics Please

longball

I fought the lawn...
The car is finally painted, the new RPE built stroker engine is ready, now I need 'new' seats.
The interior is out of the car and the original seats are shot. Not sure if I should just have
them reupholstered or not. Have seen some cars on this site with different seats, Recaro's.
Kirkey's, etc. Would love it if someone would post up some pics of what they have done.
Saw some Jax leather GN seats in someone's car that looked nice.

I did a search on 'seats', tons of stuff, most from '02-'04. Would like to see something newer.
Not much on the car is stock or original so all ideas are welcome. Thinking of both comfort and
safety as it will be a high 9sec/low 10sec mostly street car. Not sure if you can get both
comfort and safety in one seat. All ideas/pics are welcome!

Best regards,

Joel

Some reading and some pics

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/54624-i-hate-my-seats.html

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/226969-better-seats.html

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...-what-seat-swaps-have-you-guys-done-pics.html

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...1-replacing-front-seats-looking-opinions.html

Found this also......

Just as an FYI:
Any bucket seat from the following cars is a bolt in deal for the factory bucket seat equipt turbo Regals:
Any 78-88 G body with buckets (ofcourse)
Any 82-2002 F body
Any 82-2003 J body (cavalier, sunbird, sunfire, skyhawk, cimmaron)
Any 82-90 A body (Celebrity, 6000, Ciera, Century)with factory buckets
Any 80-85 X body with factory buckets
Any 85-2003 N body (Grand Am, Somerset, Calais)
Any Fiero seat
All will bolt into your car using your original bucket seat tracks.

Awesome!

Rubicon 327, Thank you very much for putting that together! I appreciate it! :)

IMG_1514.jpg
Let us know what you end up doing if you change them out.

Also remembered this one............... http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...putting-mopar-seats-gn-what-do-you-think.html

Rubicon 327, thanks again for your help. Right now I kinda like the Jax leather seat covers. I have some time to think it over. Just got the final bill for the body work
and paint, throw in the new engine and I just ran out of money. I will have to save a bit before I put the interior back in. It all started with rusty leaky T-Tops. Not sure if the pictures will come up on the new site but here goes.......

Yeah, looks like body work is going to keep someone busy for a while. Money does run out fast doesn't it!

Yeah, looks like body work is going to keep someone busy for a while. Money does run out fast doesn't it!

You ain't kidding there. I was planning on doing the body next winter but, seeing that Bobby was building me a NEW stroker engine (gave bison the old engine), I went down to Otto's pick up the body and decided to see why the T-Tops and and windshield were leaking so much! Each part I took off revealed more rust! What a mess! That's what 24 years in the Northeast will do without a garage. Luckily my girlfriend just bought a house with 2 garages, 5 bays and a lift! I just might keep her. The girlfriend I mean, of course I am keeping the GN!

It ought to be something when it's done though!!

That is a girlfriend you hold on to for sure!

Damn, that was ugly...Got pics of the finished bodywork and paint?

Bryan

Damn, that was ugly...Got pics of the finished bodywork and paint?
Bryan

I do have some pictures I been meaning to post, right now internet connection at home is down. I do have a question I've been meaning to ask. The interior is not alltogether yet. It looks like I will be getting seat material and door panels from NOS4Gn. I asked a place how much to redo the interior(i'll have all the parts). I was quoted $2,400!!! :eek: Seems like an awful lot of money to simply reupholster and install an interior. Any comments? :confused:

I paid 2 grand up here in seattle for my interior and that is ultra suede headliner, black ostrich seats with suede inserts ( 2 buckets and rear bench from 03 monte with arm rest), door panels ostrich and suede, rear panel under quarter window, rear package tray, and a panel that goes on the lower door panel(where carpet would normally be) in suede and my speaker box wrapped in whatever is left over. Now I know my material are a little different but the ultra suede is 40 dollars a yard and ostrich is 30. Just my personal experience and stock materials I would save about 300.

big reazon - did the 2 grand include the ultra suede and ostrich material? I'll be down 1 grand for the material that I am buying plus the 2400 for him to install. Total - 3400. Seems like a lot to install. The installer is excellent so you pay for that, however,....I'll ask around.

Sounds like a good deal! Must look awesome too. I am planning on buying the 'exclusive GN material' from NOS4GN. It is the 2 front seat covers, 2 front seat headrests with the turbo6 logo already stitched in, rear seat covers and 2 front upper door panels - that's about 1 grand. PLUS the guy wants 2400 on top of that to install it.

1000 material + 2400 labor to install = 3400 total. From the looks of your price I better shop around..........

If you ordering covers that is way too much to install them. I thought you were ordering yards of material and he was stitching and installing them. There is a guy around here that would do an install like that for about 800 to 1000 bucks. If your gonna pay those kinda of prices why dont you use a material you would actually enjoy and not one to just say its gn material like how about the leather or vinyl that is on the newer seats or tweed.

big reazon, I'd kinda like some leather seats but I haven't seen any with the Turbo6 logo stitched in. Truth is I'm a noob about this stuff and my friends laugh when they see me with a tool in my hands! LOL As you can see I haven't got a lot of responses to this tread with seat ideas or pics so I'm kinda looking to see what looks good yet kinda easy and inexpensive. I've done some searches and saw some nice seats that people have done but wasn't able to dig up much info. Still trying and thanks for your help. I'll post some updated pics soon.