Car not spooling

'71buickg.s.

Help! my car wont spool to more than 4 psi, and it doesnt do that until 4k rpm. My theory is a clogged cat, because around this time, the small leak in my crossover got waaay bigger. I dont have a wastegate solenoid on the car, but its set to 16-18 psi via wastegate actuator arm. What else could cause this problem? the car spooled amazingly two weeks ago.

Pull the wastegate rod off and check to see if the puck seats correctly.

I have worked on plenty cars, seems stock to ATR pipes the puck can seize or just not close correctly, it actually sticks INSIDE the hole because its not properly aligned.

If you pull the wastegate rod off, the puck arm should swing easily and not hang up when you go to close it, if sometimes the puck binds, then its sticking in the hole-
What downpipe?

Fix your exhaust leak
BW

Its a stock downpipe, i took the arm off and it swings easily. I think the crossover pipe is slightly bent, so the bolts dont go through it straight on the passenger side, ill need to find a new one i guess, or since im trying to sell, just lower the price a bit.

If it has the stock downpipe and elbow, just take your time and make sure that the puck doesnt bind up, swing it down toward the turbo 20-30 times, if it doesnt land in the same spot once, then its sticking INSIDE the hole..

You will surely notice that the car will sometimes spool super fast, but then later spool like a dog.
BW