car is sluggish

951 Blackplanet

heres my problem.my car seems sluggish,if i powerbrake i ge very liitle boost,once i start driving the boost dosent seem to kick in till 2nd gear.but when it does it chirps the tires and you have to get out of the gas.you can here it whining in first gear boot no real power.any input would be great...

Has the car always been this way? If so, you probably need another chip plus you most likely need a little more stall with that turbo. Call Eric and have him burn you a chip (Turbo Tweak) and go with a 2600-2800 stall converter. Are you planning on any other upgrades or are you going to leave it basically stock?

Honestly, even with a stock converter and a TA-49, should still see boost in 1st gear. Especially with a 3" downpipe. When you say you can hear it whining what does your boost gauge say? Do you have an aftermarket boost gauge or just the factory lights? Have you taken the MAF pipe/hose off and looked in at the compressor wheel for signs of damage? If not, I would do that first. Typical causes for issues like this can be, broken or severely damaged turbine wheel shaft or turbine wheel or compressor wheel, wastegate malfunctioning, clogged catalytic converter, blown off intercooler hose/hoses, leaking MAF pipe/hose, but that would typically throw a check engine light MAL code, or a leaking intercooler. Was the car running fine until just recently?
More details please.

Patrick

Last fall my car would not build boost doing a brake stand. Would have to start rolling, and around 30KPH, boost would spool up like normal, and the car would take off.

Ended up being a burnt out torque converter. So I had the entire tranny re-built.

After that, I also had Turbo tweak burn me a new chip. That was also a good helper. (I drove the car with new tranny, but old chip still too, so I know it was the TC). When i bought my car, it was modded, and had the existing chip in it. It's nice to know you have the correct chip.

HTH

what happened is i bought someone elses headache,i just rebuilt the motor.it startsup and idles fine and once you your going it boosts and you have to let off the gas;) .just wont spool while power braking:confused: .could it be because im low on gas,tank is almost empty.i have a automter boost gauge,and a used wastegate solenoid,could that be malfunctioning?just sold a t-type and it spooled like a mother while powerbraking.thanks

what happened is i bought someone elses headache,i just rebuilt the motor.it startsup and idles fine and once you your going it boosts and you have to let off the gas;) .just wont spool while power braking:confused: .could it be because im low on gas,tank is almost empty.i have a automter boost gauge,and a used wastegate solenoid,could that be malfunctioning?just sold a t-type and it spooled like a mother while powerbraking.thanks

I know what you mean, I bought someone else's problem last year. Needed new brakes, liquid intercooler was leaking, radiator leaking, a few other things too... I would think you either have a problem with you wastegate puck not sealing, or your torque converter...