car died under heavy acceleration, need help

Fuzzy

The GN died under heavy acceleration. I hooked up direct scan for the first time to observe performance. At 51 mph and 4700 rpm in 2nd gear a trouble code appeared which was 24, vehicle speed sensor. At 80 mph and 4600 rpm in 3rd gear the mph dropped to 0 in the next frame and three trouble codes appeared:

24 Vehicle Speed Sensor
42 EST Monitor Error
55 ECM Analog/Digital Convertor Failure

Many other indications look bad on the frame with the 0 mph, coolant -39, mat -35, 12 rpm, O2 4 mV, battery .1 V, etc.

This was the point when the car totally died but then came back in the next two frames. It took the speed about 12 frames to go up to 74 mph.

Could I have done something to the computer hooking up DS?

Probably just a flaky connection at the ECM. Try it with the DS connector NOT pushed on all the way.

Oh, and BTW make sure the connection is CLEAN.

I pushed the connector in more and it was worse. There were several trouble codes while at idle and no trouble codes on the Scanmaster. Pulled the DS connector out of the ECM, took the car for a drive and everything seems fine. I'll try your suggestion and just barely push the connection in. I used acetone on the fingers but will double check both the connector and plug for cleanliness. Thanks