Car Craft Street Machine Nationals in St. Paul MN

Yankee John

Im pre-registered for the Car Craft Street Machine Nationals July 22-24. I'm gonna be there Saturday for sure, Maybe Sunday too- I'm hoping to see other board members there!!!

John

IM registered and will be there, looking forward to it! I just moved up here and need to get up with the GN club and see if you guys would save me a spot?

I didnt even know they still had the show. I use to go to it when it was in Duquoin, Ill in the 90's. We use to to do all of the Special Events Performance Series. Hot Rod Supernationals in Canfield, Ohio, Car Craft Street Machine Nationals in Ill were the biggest with over 3500 cars. Then there was the Street Machine Summer Nationals in South Bend, Indiana and the Street Machine Nationals East in Hamburg, N.Y. I think there was one more in Missouri, but we never went.
Those were the shows where I got to know Boyd Coddington, Chip Foose, Scott Sullivan, Troy Trepanier, and several others. They had really nice cars back then, but nothing like they build now. They didnt have the $$$ or the sponsors then. They were just regular guys. We would hang out at the hotel in the evenings and tell "tall-tales". Now 3 of those 4 guys have had T.V. shows. Man if I had more time to plan, I would go. How many cars does it bring in now?

:biggrin:

Back up to the top!

I dont know where Im parking, but it would be sweet to get with the GN guys at the show! Saturday for sure, and prolly Sunday too (Sunday looks like it will be the best weather day, according to the Weather Channel forecast).

Hope to touch base with you again Jamie!

John

I had the Pesident of the MN GN clubs number but lost it. I guess I will try and find the TR pack Fri and see if I can can get a spot saved. Looks like teh chance of rain Fri is getting less and less:cool: